Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CCE Results!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello everyone! Unfortunately the event was not as big of a success as we had first anticipated, but with the little time provided, and during the holidays what can one expect. http://www.rpgmakermv.co/threads/christmas-contest.688/ here was the original post for anyone who wishes to view it.

As for the moment everyone has been waiting for...

I went through and played all of the games, and I have tallied up the score... Here are the top three games!

First Place: @MinisterJay [CCE] Granny Xaebie's Christmas Pie
Second Place: @MinisterJay [CCE] A Ball People WInterfest
Third Place: @Jackus [CCE] The Curse of Winter

I will be PMing you for further information on your prizes!

meowchelle

Towns Guard
Xy$
Oh dang! I wish I had known about the contest, I'm working on a Christmas Themed game right now. A little too late now!
I love participating in contests and events, so maybe next time!

Anyway super congrats to the winners! I'll probably check out your games sometime soon.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Better luck for more contestants next time. :( MJ was just too much and scared everyone away! LOL j/k grats dude.
Thanks Macro. I was not TOO intimidating. And NO that was NOT me lurking and hovering near the Completed Games Section of Resources making eerie noises scaring potential contestants away.

We WILL have much more contestants for next time.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'll be joining the next contest ;) I'll be sure to bring the competition, maybe it will spice things up a bit lol. Anyways congrats everyone who has participated in the Christmas contest, I hope you had fun.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congratulations @Jackus . In the arena, there is always more honour and prestige to be a participant, than being a spectator. Why be a fan, when one can be in the game. Thanks for being in the game.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Yea, but then HulksterJay (I don't buy that "mini" for one second!) just dives and in crushes all the competition. ;)

I'm still in the training camp, but hoping to someday join the warriors.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yea, but then HulksterJay (I don't buy that "mini" for one second!) just dives and in crushes all the competition. ;)

I'm still in the training camp, but hoping to someday join the warriors.
Dive straight in. :) Make demos and/or mini-games, and we will give constructive critiquing. We are here, as a large team, to help each other out.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
So were these two the only two who participated? Not sure.

But.... it seems a bit unfair to me that the same person won first and second place. That said, congrats to the participants/winners!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

But.... it seems a bit unfair to me that the same person won first and second place. That said, congrats to the participants/winners!
Reminds me of when my son won 2nd place for passing the tests after reading the most books. It was unfair that that two boys were in first and second place, so they removed his title, and gave it to a the highest scoring girl, who was actually in fourth place.

Want fairness, then get more participants, there was ample time. Thanks for the congrats. How many of the [CCE} games did you play? Are you sure of this 'unfairness'?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$

Yes, there were only 2 contestants this time around, however, if someone deserves multiple places we will give them what they deserve. If there were 10 contestants, and X member deserved 1st and 3rd, it wouldn't be fair to not give his/her games the 1st and 3rd they deserve. Sadly, fairness vairies between the viewers.

As stated, unfortinatley there were only 2 contestants this time, I'm hoping for a lot more participation next round!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Depending on my time and bindings, I'll see if I can't join the next contest we run, I'd wager it'll be either a Valentines day or Easter thing.