Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't think of a way to create dynamically populated text branch

Pinesal

Villager
I am trying to make a non linear game where when you collect an item, you can walk up to any npc and ask a question about the item. The thing is, you can collect these items throughout the game in any order. So at anytime you may have one item or another or some or all.

This doesn't have to be a text branch. It could be some kind of work around where you activate the item while standing in front of the npc or what ever works.

I just can't think of a solution, any ideas?

Pinesal

Villager
I came up with a solution that works for me.

Basically, I started a battle, then set a battle condition where if a switch, triggered by obtaining an item, is triggered, there will be a dialog box that asks if you want to ask about the item. I have made multiple battle conditions. If you meet multiple conditions, it will ask the questions in order until all questions are asked and then force escape the battle.