Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camstratia - 4% complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Aah i hope you didn't get stuck again and still have motivation and time to work on this because it'd be such a shame if this project never saw the light of the day (and man, you have so much planned out and it's so cool and did i mention that its so cool). don't forget to show us that update video when it's done, I'm hungry for it ouo (and ye tell us if you need help with anything)
We're in the process of waiting on the designer who has fallen ill. I'm waiting for his full recovery before asking him to do anymore work :) After that as we get everything done, and hopefully @LTN Games replies to me on how to get some of the plugins working to my needs I'll make an introduction video of the game, as well as start posting some more video gameplays of it up as we add more content.

Idk how the development side of things is going, but I'm currently working on music for Camstratia and it's going pretty good ;) So, no, the project isn't dead!
Yes, and from the little I've heard thus far they're amazing :) I am really excited for this project!
[doublepost=1485491587,1485489516][/doublepost]Update:

So, it's currently 1030pm and I've spent the better of half an hour righting down something, and decided I'm going to add something to the game. Though small, I think it'll add a more indepth feel to each character.

During specific days, you can find a diary of each character in their rooms. This diary will only be found when the character is not currently in their room. The diary will have some really deep, super personal stuff about their past, and up to the present and even their future depending on if they're datable or not.

For example, depending on how you interact with a character could change what their diary is written on over time. So, if someone begins to fall in love with you, they might right about you, if not they could right about how much they hate you. In the beginning of the game however, all the diaries will be about their past, and leading up to how the ended up getting into the town of Camstratia.

Every character will have a diary, however, they will show up at different times during different days. So, for example, the Mayor of the town could show up on Jan 1 at 2am. Whilst Cassandra's shows up Jan 7 at 10pm. This makes going to each persons house daily something that might benefit you.

There could also be hidden clues, and hidden secrets about someone. You could think someone is really nice, but they turn out to be absolutely terrible as a human being. You'd only know this through reading the diary. Reading this can also effect how you interact with someone. For example, if you read someone's diary and you find out they killed someone, you could chose to bring that up to the mayor, or keep it to yourself. However, keep in mind if people knew you were caught looking through someones personal belongings it could cause them to hide their diary better requiring you to search through their house for it.

Stevushka

Towns Guard
Xy$
During specific days, you can find a diary of each character in their rooms. This diary will only be found when the character is not currently in their room. The diary will have some really deep, super personal stuff about their past, and up to the present and even their future depending on if they're datable or not.

For example, depending on how you interact with a character could change what their diary is written on over time. So, if someone begins to fall in love with you, they might right about you, if not they could right about how much they hate you. In the beginning of the game however, all the diaries will be about their past, and leading up to how the ended up getting into the town of Camstratia.

Every character will have a diary, however, they will show up at different times during different days. So, for example, the Mayor of the town could show up on Jan 1 at 2am. Whilst Cassandra's shows up Jan 7 at 10pm. This makes going to each persons house daily something that might benefit you.

There could also be hidden clues, and hidden secrets about someone. You could think someone is really nice, but they turn out to be absolutely terrible as a human being. You'd only know this through reading the diary. Reading this can also effect how you interact with someone. For example, if you read someone's diary and you find out they killed someone, you could chose to bring that up to the mayor, or keep it to yourself. However, keep in mind if people knew you were caught looking through someones personal belongings it could cause them to hide their diary better requiring you to search through their house for it.
I think this is a really great idea, you should definitely go for it. As a suggestion though, (You might have already said this, so I'm sorry if missed it) you could make this feature really important for some parts of the game, for example if something bad happens, the journals are the only way to find out who did what, or where they were at the time so it can kind of mimic the game Clue, where the journals will provide clues and maybe evidence for mysteries or whatnot.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I think this is a really great idea, you should definitely go for it. As a suggestion though, (You might have already said this, so I'm sorry if missed it) you could make this feature really important for some parts of the game, for example if something bad happens, the journals are the only way to find out who did what, or where they were at the time so it can kind of mimic the game Clue, where the journals will provide clues and maybe evidence for mysteries or whatnot.
That's pretty much how it's going to be :) It'll share some things like that, and give you the option to confront people about their diary, or confront others about someone else's such as the mayor. But in doing so, you can lose the rights to read diary's as other people might remove them. So, for example, if you found out Cass. has something happen and you confront her, and let's say Dale has some bad stuff in his dairy and he hears that you're reading peoples dairy's he could burn his and you might overhear him say that if you talk to him afterwords or something like that. So, in confronting someone on something, you could lose information about others in the process, so it's one of those things that makes you think if you should go through with it, or simply let the new knowledge you've learned go.

Stevushka

Towns Guard
Xy$
That's pretty much how it's going to be :) It'll share some things like that, and give you the option to confront people about their diary, or confront others about someone else's such as the mayor. But in doing so, you can lose the rights to read diary's as other people might remove them. So, for example, if you found out Cass. has something happen and you confront her, and let's say Dale has some bad stuff in his dairy and he hears that you're reading peoples dairy's he could burn his and you might overhear him say that if you talk to him afterwords or something like that. So, in confronting someone on something, you could lose information about others in the process, so it's one of those things that makes you think if you should go through with it, or simply let the new knowledge you've learned go.
Hey the whole potential to lose the rights to other diaries is actually a really great idea I hadn't thought about. I can see the programming getting a little hairy, but it's a great idea and it'll be a great addition; I say go for it.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
We just got about 80% of the visuals done for the town, and about 25% of the music done for the town :) Here's a sneak peak of the church!

Church.png
[doublepost=1486961837,1486717623][/doublepost]http://camstratia.com/ We now have an official website for the game. All major updates to the game will be found on the site, as well as a video that will be made here really soon :D Keep an eye out, and check it out :)
[doublepost=1486977243][/doublepost]http://camstratia.com/newsletter/ Camstratia's newsletter is now available for you to subscribe to.
[doublepost=1488346551][/doublepost]We now have a logo, as well as a design for the homescreen!

title.png
2B.png

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Subscribed! I must say, you guys did a phenomenal job on the site! Love It!
Thanks so much. I'm glad you like the look of the site :) We also have forums which we will be adding content too eventually once the game gets closer to being developed. This is where the demo of the game will be held, etc. So if you'd like to go ahead and join that as well you can save yourself the need to in the future <3 https://forum.camstratia.com/

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$

I've started to work on this again! I made the zombie by myself using @JoePie 's work he made for me in the past for this project. I've also added in a new action combat system to the game as well. It's all still a work in progress, but thus far I've revamped this and going to get it up and running again!

Status
Not open for further replies.