Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood Mage Plugin - using MAX Hp after main HP used up for immortal character.

BlizZaga

Villager
Xy$
Hi. I'm new here and I have an idea for my story. There's a girl that has magic and she can use it, but she meets Julian (a vampire or other immortal) who uses dark magic.

Now, here's my problem (I'd like ideas and such), while I'm in battle mode, I would like for Julian to be able to use his most powerful dark magic attacks (when there's a strong enemy and no choice or just because), but after his main HP is gone, his MAX Hp would go down a certain amount.

And here's the real kicker, when Julian is below a set amount of MAX Hp by the end of the game, he dies (or doesn't) and in a new game, there will be an alternate story (the idea in Fantasy Maiden's Odd Hideout, you play as a different character after beating the game correctly). The alternate story is you can play as him in his perspective, and/ or an epilogue story like a dating sim with affection/friendship points. Or I could make a separate game for the Epilogue.

So, my question is, how to use scripts or commands to change the losing HP mechanic to allow for Max HP damage. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Jiriki9

Towns Guard
Xy$
Reducing the max hp can be done via a common event, I think. I do not know, though, how to make him be able to fight with no HP, if that is what you intend.

BlizZaga

Villager
Xy$
Oh ok. I thought of a get around I think. Maybe I could have a death counter and it counted how many times he "died" (hit 0 HP) in battle and have storyline changes accordingly. Maybe this is just too complicated haha. I know in a few older Zelda games it has a death counter (I think in Link's Awakening and original SNES Zelda?).

Psycoris

Villager
Xy$
Well if instead of using just the hp you could add a small hp loss component to the skills. You could use max hp after the characters mana or tp runs out. Yanfly has some plugins that allow full handling of every stat parameter aspect including some you don't normally see. As well as lots of control options for TP. TP would be easiest to use with the addition control to make balancing all of those encounters.

BlizZaga

Villager
Xy$
Well if instead of using just the hp you could add a small hp loss component to the skills. You could use max hp after the characters mana or tp runs out. Yanfly has some plugins that allow full handling of every stat parameter aspect including some you don't normally see. As well as lots of control options for TP. TP would be easiest to use with the addition control to make balancing all of those encounters.
Wow, didn't know there was a plugin for that. I'll check it out. Thanks! Good ideas.
[doublepost=1485376600,1485369003][/doublepost]Hmm... well... I downloaded the plugin looked at the Help file and did some tinkering but I have no idea where to go to get my intended result. Firstly, how to use a magic attack AFTER you don't have enough MP to cause MaxHP damage... I tried putting the code in the note box for my magic attack: Obliterate to subtract X amount of MHP points according to the Help file but it didn't work.

I might just bypass the "after using up MP" part entirely to just be constant. So every time he uses "obliterate" (when he has enough MP) a little MaxHP is subtracted. So, not "only when MP is used up" but just that magic attack uses up a little MaxHP when used normally. Argh. This is complicated to explain.

My problem might be using the "Subtract MaxHP" formula on a magic attack instead of the intended weapon/item. If so, I might have to alter the plugin itself. I reaaally hope it doesn't come to that.

My reason for this whole thing is because I want to have an epilogue change based upon how much MaxHP my character, Julian, has. So, if you aren't good at managing battles and have him using that attack a lot his MaxHP might go down below, say, 2,500 HP (originally 9,999) and you wouldn't be able to play the epilogue with Julian in your party, he would die, or he would leave your party. Whereas, if you are good at using your other character(s) and don't rely on him all the time, it would reward the player and allow them to see/play an epilogue (or a second game with him as main character).

I would do this by using variables. If Julian has above 5,000 HP then, __________ execute said event and unlock the epilogue or second game.

Or, hmmm... maybe I should make a variable based on how strong my other character, Maria, becomes... too many ideas.

This involves a LOT of game control, battle managing...

Psycoris

Villager
Xy$
I was working with learning those particular plugins. I had quite some difficulty getting the skill set up for a generic user aka I failed miserably. So the skill will only work for a specific actor. I did set something up that is similar to what parameters you are looking for. I am still having some difficulty with the conditional statement applying the Max HP damage when the actor still has some MP remaining, but it does kick in for 0 MP.

Sorry I don't know how to put the screenshot in a spoiler.
Plugins Used: YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_BaseParamControl, YEP_SkillCore

This is the notetag script that is used.
Code:
<Custom Cost Display>

\}\}\} \c[4] 25 \c[0] MP or \c[10] 1000 \c[0] HP

</Custom Cost Display>

<Custom Execution>

if ($gameActors.actor(1).mp < 25){

$gameActors.actor(1).minusMaxHp(1000);
$gameActors.actor(1).gainMp(-25);
}else {

}
</Custom Execution>

Attachments

BlizZaga

Villager
Xy$
I was working with learning those particular plugins. I had quite some difficulty getting the skill set up for a generic user aka I failed miserably. So the skill will only work for a specific actor. I did set something up that is similar to what parameters you are looking for. I am still having some difficulty with the conditional statement applying the Max HP damage when the actor still has some MP remaining, but it does kick in for 0 MP.

Sorry I don't know how to put the screenshot in a spoiler.
Plugins Used: YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_BaseParamControl, YEP_SkillCore

This is the notetag script that is used.
Code:
<Custom Cost Display>

\}\}\} \c[4] 25 \c[0] MP or \c[10] 1000 \c[0] HP

</Custom Cost Display>

<Custom Execution>

if ($gameActors.actor(1).mp < 25){

$gameActors.actor(1).minusMaxHp(1000);
}else {

}
</Custom Execution>
Oh! Thanks for this. It's very helpful!

I will try to input that. To find a way around the leftover MP, I think maybe the character could have a few dark magic attacks that all consume the same amount of MP (100 or more? 1000?) and have a permanent MP limit of 500, 5000, 10,000? ( I might have to change the formula to allow extra amount of MP) My other character would use her healing magic and other magic attacks normally.

He would be otherwise a blood mage consuming regular HP with his physical attacks, and he wouldn't have any other type of magic attacks so as not to mess up the amount of MP he has left over and mess up the MaxHP loss formula.