Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block Scope

So I'm working on a project with RMMV that primarily has working with plugins to do things such as allowing overpass tiles, 8 directional movement, and some animation features. However, last time I pushed my team's project to our repository my other team members had RMMV crashing on their computers, but not mine. So, after a two hour drive and a bunch of troubleshooting, we figured out that using the keyword let would crash my other team member's computers.

So I wanted to ask about this, because after running through SmRdmDude's tutorials I never saw any mention of both the keyword let or about block scope. Can anyone help me out here? let is a pretty common keyword in JavaScript, and my plugins containing many instances of let work on my copy of RMMV.

good question. if your whole team is using the same version of RPG Maker MV and the same plugins in the same order (and all turned on/off the same) then i can't see why it would run on one machine and not run on another.

in case you haven't read this before, here's an article on block scoping in relation to MV:

https://endlessillusoft.com/rpgmaker-mv-es6-part-5-block-scope-variables/
Hey Starbird,

looking into it with my team more this weekend, is there any chance there is a previous build of MV that was loaded with EcmaScript 5 instead of 6? Otherwise I'll just have to read through my code and find where I messed up I guess.

Thank you for your help though!