Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best marketing strategies

No doubt, "The money is in the list.". In other words, a list of email and/or social media leads (Facebook pages/groups. Instagram pages, Twitter etc..) is the solution - and, on top of that, you need to constantly pitch to the list and butter them up (give them free stuff, make posts to get on their good side).

Anyway, I am trying this with my drumming project - but it will take time for development. I mean, I've thrown tons of cash at building the list (Facebook page) - but only so much for other things, but much has been done.

MikomiKisomi

Villager
Xy$
Having good visuals and sharing those visuals wherever you can typically gives me the best responses- humans are more attracted to visuals than text by nature, so having eye-catching art that reflects the game well works wonders. If your game doesn't have amazing art, sharing what you have wherever you can and asking for feedback on it really helps- not only are you finding ways to improve it but you're also directly communicating with potential customers about the product.

I think another one I forgotten to mention is Video Promotion (YouTube) I liked the promotional video of xyphien of how detail and informative the promotion video was of this site that I decided to join.

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
I think another one I forgotten to mention is Video Promotion (YouTube) I liked the promotional video of xyphien of how detail and informative the promotion video was of this site that I decided to join.
I like Video Promotion on You-Tube for example sponsoring a Youtuber something like this works for me. :)

I do not like pop-up's, I hate them. Don't pay for pop-up :(

I like Video Promotion on You-Tube for example sponsoring a Youtuber something like this works for me. :)

I do not like pop-up's, I hate them. Don't pay for pop-up :(
Yea the YT Channel gets some revenue same as Patreon Sponsorship sometimes they add the users name in the channel description I think thats also a good way to promote your channel and another person channel. Also having a page on your website dedicated to your sponsors or partnership page does well.

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
There is a You-Tuber called Echo607 who made lots of RPG Maker videos with tips that I have watched.
If for example she made a sponsored video I would watch it all knowing I would be supporting her.
But I would not click on a random pop-up advertisement.
(No, I do not want to download, game of thrones, the officially licensed browser game.)

Last edited:
Having good visuals and sharing those visuals wherever you can typically gives me the best responses- humans are more attracted to visuals than text by nature, so having eye-catching art that reflects the game well works wonders. If your game doesn't have amazing art, sharing what you have wherever you can and asking for feedback on it really helps- not only are you finding ways to improve it but you're also directly communicating with potential customers about the product.
Yeah, I need to get around to making more visuals for my FB posts. That would increase engagement from a few likes to many more I think. However, I don't want them just "liking the beauty of the picture" - it should be a call to click on the link above.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Yeah, I need to get around to making more visuals for my FB posts. That would increase engagement from a few likes to many more I think. However, I don't want them just "liking the beauty of the picture" - it should be a call to click on the link above.
If you have after effects, and don't want to spend too much time and effort making things yourself you can buy pre-made stuff on themeforest. I've used them quite a bit for some of my work.

With Patreon, along with a decent social media following, you need a lot of material - to encourage sign-ups. Myself, for my drum lesson stuff - I have 25 members only posts - but I think 500 would be more enticing. Anyway, I have around 100 free posts.