Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banner Creation Event!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$

We've just upgraded the website, added a new theme, and have everything all ready to go! With all of this, I've simply threw together a banner for the website, and I'd like to have the community design our next official banner we will use on the website! This MUST be made in a program that has layers, and you must save it as either a .PSD or whatever layered file you have. OR You can fill out both images separately below.

The contest is easy, and is simply for those who wish to develop something for the forum and the community. In winning, you will get a trophy as a reward.

Your banner must be the same size as below:

It must also have the mascot on there somewhere. The mascot can be either of the images below, OR you can create your own version of the mascot. As long as she's generally the same. (DOESN'T have to include anything in the banner already. You have full creative vision)

If you are not going to be using a layered template, OR you wish to help out and make your entry rank higher, you can also edit the image below. Which will be displayed above all navigation.

Contest will end on April 1st 2019.

Last edited:

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I'm not sure if I'll have time to whip up an entry, but here's a better quality version of that chibi I made:

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer

Been awhile since i've been on here, lots of Navy work going on. Kind of back but I saw this so I thought I'd show you guys i'm still alive.

This here is a combination of a template that was given editted to fit in with some custom stuff I have. Everything I have here is totally customize-able and wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if you wanted to change any of it.

What it has :
  • Roboto Font (You may need to download it if you don't have it, it's a common font that usually is found in google documents).
  • Quad Diamond Pattern (Since the template had diamonds I figured I'd make something a little nice like a checked pattern, the original 2 vector layer can be found there as well.)
  • MV-Tan herself (Don't worry, she isn't traced or copied. I remembered there was an issue with that before. This one is 100% crafted from scratch and I will attach the full sized version below, if you want the SAI 2 file for it, i can give you it as well but it requires SAI 2 not SAI 1. )
Full 1842 x 1824 PNG version of MV-TAN herself (SAI 2 file request only) :

Took about 3 hours to make if you include drawing MV-Tan by hand. About 10 minutes with the banner itself.

Edit : Due to some anonymous feedback , you guys have requested some changes and so I went back and fulfilled those changes with a slight add-on to the banner and a better design for MV-Tan herself!

Full 1842 x 1824 PNG version 2 of MV-TAN herself (SAI 2 file request only) :

PSD version request only by Staff Members for entry use only.

Last edited:

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Due to some anonymous feedback , you guys have requested some changes and so I went back and fulfilled those changes with a slight add-on to the banner and a better design for MV-Tan herself!

So this is a bump to acknowledge for an update on my previous post. (bowandarrow)

Padramyr

Villager
Xy$
I've got a question: I can't find any due date for the contest. Or am I just blind? So when does this contest end?
I think I'll participate even though I don't think I stand a chance against Status Gear Entertainment. His banner is awesome xD

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I've got a question: I can't find any due date for the contest. Or am I just blind? So when does this contest end?
I think I'll participate even though I don't think I stand a chance against Status Gear Entertainment. His banner is awesome xD
Woopsies. I forgot to add it. The contest will end April 1st :) (No it's not going to be an elaborate April fools joke)