Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artwork Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Okay, so I'm not sure where exactly I could have posted this, but if this is in the wrong board, I apologize. EDIT: Thank you for moving the thread in the correct location. :)

I am a character artist and designer. I am posting here in case anyone wants to hire an artist to draw their characters and enemies for them. The rate I charge depends on the style, size, and quality.

Let's start with the cheaper prices and go to the more expensive.

261734_10151670551524553_1976926402_n.jpg
Chibi Style (Full Body + Colored)
$5.00 USD Basic Service ($10.00 Full Rights)
Starting at $5, I can draw comic-like chibis characters.
+ Detailed eyes = $0.50
+ Detailed clothing = $0.75
+ Per Face image/emotes (Applies to Basic Service) = FREE (up to 5 images) After that it is $0.50 per image, $5.00 for 15 more images, making it 20 custom emotes total.
+ Style alterations = $??.?? (PM for Estimate)

Levinface.png
Anime Style (Bust Graphic + Colored)
$20.00 USD Basic Service ($40.00 Full Rights)
Starting at $20, I can draw detailed anime-style bust graphics.
+ Heavy colors and shading = $2.50
+ Per face image/emotes (Applies to Basic Service) = FREE (up to 5 images) After that it is $1.50 per image, $15.00 for 15 more images, making it 20 custom emotes total.

12042680_10153685401594553_1352567444010212881_n.jpg
Anime Style (Full Body + Colored)
$60.00 USD Basic Service ($100.00 Full Rights)
Starting at $60, I can draw detailed anime-style full body images.
+ Pose request = $5.00 (basic stance) $10 (complex stance - ex. battle stance with weapon)
+ (Bust) Per face image/emotes (Applies to Basic Service) = FREE (up to 5 images) After that it is $1.50 per image, $15.00 for 15 more images, making it 20 custom emotes total.

Extra
Streaming/Pay After Plan
$10.00 USD (Up Front)
For $10.00, I can stream the drawing at a specific time or date. This will require scheduled dates and times according to our work and school schedules, since I do both.

Package Rates
2 Drawings = 5% OFF
5 Drawings = 10% OFF
10 Drawings = 20% OFF

Contract Rates/Rules
For commercial game releases only.
Contract Rule 1: I would like a free copy of the game.

Rates:
Contract Rate Option 1: Up front pay of 80% + 10% Revenue Share
Contract Rate Option 2: Up front pay of 90% + 5% Revenue Share
Contract Rate Option 3: Fixed Rate per Month based on picture quality and quantity.

Purchasing Rules
1. Basic Service purchases are to credit me in your game. Advertising my artwork is a blessing to me, and I appreciate citation. Editing faces or any other form of editing is prohibited.
2. Full Rights purchases do not require citation, though if the new owner decides to do so, they may see some pretty discounts or added bonuses. Editing is allowed, as the drawing is now your own. :)
3. Purchase first before artwork is started. PM me if you feel uncomfortable doing this, and we can come up with a solution, perhaps the streaming plan mentioned above.

Any suggestions or feedback? Let me know here so we can try to accommodate. Thank you for reading!

Attachments

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Thank you for posting and sharing your services. We would like if you added a bit more information, mainly, the style of art you are able to do and an average price for those styles, your legal terms for creating the art, and any information you think should be added in like preferred method of payment. Amysaurus did an excellent job on her shop thread if you want to take a look at it for an example. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thank you for posting and sharing your services. We would like if you added a bit more information, mainly, the style of sprites you are able to do and an average price for those styles, your legal terms for creating the sprites, and any information you think should be added in like preferred method of payment. Amysaurus did an excellent job on here shop thread if you want to take a look at it for an example. Thank you.
Yeah this thread is still under construction. lol I don't do sprites, which might make the service seem a little underwhelming. I might even have to team up with her and maybe she could have some work well on her way if my artwork is bought. ;)

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Nice dragoons! You should probably post some price examples so people get a general idea of how much you charge for certain things. for example, character facesets, character arts, stuff like that.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Whoops, I did mean artwork(goes back to edit), I got confused from looking at Amy's thread at the same time lol. It's good looking art btw I really like the style you have, there are a few pieces that have the same feel as @Amysaurus artwork, and I absolutely adore her style lol.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Do the prices seem reasonable?
Let me tell you one thing: if you're insecure about your pricing you might reconsider doing commissioned work altogether.
From what I have seen and learned there is no such thing as "reasonable pricing". For some people it'll always be too expensive. Most people want to have their custom stuff for free. Custom assets have to be somewhat expensive though, in my opinion. Given the amount of time and effort spent in order to make them. I know what a hassle it can be sometimes.
If you have to make a living off of your art, I'd say raise the prices a little. If not, I'd be fine paying what you demand. ^_^

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Let me tell you one thing: if you're insecure about your pricing you might reconsider doing commissioned work altogether.
From what I have seen and learned there is no such thing as "reasonable pricing". For some people it'll always be too expensive. Most people want to have their custom stuff for free. Custom assets have to be somewhat expensive though, in my opinion. Given the amount of time and effort spent in order to make them. I know what a hassle it can be sometimes.
If you have to make a living off of your art, I'd say raise the prices a little. If not, I'd be fine paying what you demand. ^_^
Thanks! It does mean a lot to me, and I can raise prices, but in order to get my artwork out there, I do need to make it more affordable for the time being. I'll get better over time and then I can charge more for that better quality, and then I'll be working on remakes of your guys' games. lol

Lato

Villager
Xy$
So If I hired you to draw a pic for me for $20 I would not even have full rights to it unless I paid $40???????

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
So If I hired you to draw a pic for me for $20 I would not even have full rights to it unless I paid $40???????
Right, which means you can't edit the colors or the character in question unless you have full rights. When you pay the $20, you get to use the character with mention of my name in the credits. Otherwise, if you paid full rights, you could do pretty much anything you wanted with it, and the picture would belong to you, so whether or not you want to credit me, that would be up to you.

For no rights to the picture, I do not require revenue, but instead of paying the extra $20, I'd also be getting my name out there, and that's why I am listing them for about half price. Full rights imo is only worth investing in if you would rather have everything owned by the studio. You can still use non-full rights pictures in both non-commercial and commercial games.

TL;DR: Full rights isn't extremely important unless you are extremely serious about making money off of your games and have a full team working under you, you'd probably want the full rights to a picture then, because you'd be allowed to edit it to your liking.

As far as editing goes for the standard non-full rights, you can edit as far as cropping, and changing hue and colors, but that's about it. This is to ensure that the rest of the picture is not defaced while I am also credited. It could possibly destroy my reputation. This is why I offer the first 5 custom emotes for free, and then an extra $15 will get you the full additional 20 emotes. If someone were to edit this themselves under standard purchase, they would be violating copyright laws.

Last edited:

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
@Ravani Lestari . I usually go even one step further. Even if I have bought entire rights of a character, I still include all members in a royalty compensation plan, when going commercial.
Yeah, I would appreciate that, but at the same time, if the character is edited and have someone else doing custom emotes, it isn't necessarily my own work anymore, and thus, I wish not to be credited. It is merely to save my reputation. However, I can still be listed in the credits for working on the base formats and then have someone else listed that have edited the custom emotes.

On a side note, I'll have to eventually re-organize the drawings I have up, just to give a little more insight on what I mean about stuff like "Heavy Shading, Colors" etc. Right now, it's pretty self-explanatory, but with high detail artwork, we are talking like starting at 5000x5000 pixels and adding shine to the metals, texture to the fabric, all that fancy stuff.

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I would appreciate that, but at the same time, if the character is edited and have someone else doing custom emotes, it isn't necessarily my own work anymore, and thus, I wish not to be credited. It is merely to save my reputation. However, I can still be listed in the credits for working on the base formats and then have someone else listed that have edited the custom emotes.
When I have paid $80 to $100 for faces and busts, there are no edits, except for re-sizing. Oh no, at that level of artwork they are not edited. The artist name is given top name on credits.

ArchiaArt

Villager
Xy$
Wow your commissions page is very complex xD I think it would more helpful to potential customers if the information was easier to parse?

For example, here is my commission page! http://archiaart.tumblr.com/commission

Tips!​
  • Only show your best work!
  • Limit the numbers/percentages/categories! It's hard to read and can be scary for a new commissioner

I have three price points, and if the commissioner wants something different (for example, full rights over the image) then we can discuss price increase over email (although for indies I don't charge much extra, because, GO INDIES!)

Your work is good and I want to help you to sell. I especially like the pale haired girl with the blue eyes and her different emotions!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad that you have a diversity in the different prices charged. Being a person who pays for commissioned projects, I like seeing the vast pricing ranges. One size does not fit all, and I also like the different formula options that you present.

Status
Not open for further replies.