Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apply to be apart of the Resource Team!

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
I'm actually on the team to have a motivation to get stuff done. Being able to set your own agendas is fine and all buuuut you do tend to procrastinate. A lot. XD

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I find that, if I set a schedule, even if I put things off it all tends to get done on time. But yeah, I'm excited to see how this comes together c:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
As a part of the resource team is there goals to acheieve? Like if I joined the team would I be required to release X amount of resources by the X date or is 1 thing at a time okay?

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
I think too much pressure to be counter-productive. I'd say it depends on what you can do and how long it takes you. Best you contribute something instead of giving in to the pressure and create nothing or low-quality stuff overall. :)
We are aware that people have lives and other obligations. You don't have to devote your entire existence to the Resource Team. Not yet at least... *evil laughter*

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I figured as much, I want to join the team and release mostly plugins but because I'm fairly new to creating plugins I feel I won't always be able to release more than one at a time. I'm sure when I get better I will be creating them quicker and more often, but I don't want to put myself into a position where I have to rush programming because that ends up being very bad lol. I can always release more than just plugins, I'm good with graphics and I'm okay with making sound effects. So that brings me to another question, can we release more than one category of resources, can I add sounds, graphics, and plugins for my monthly resources or is the team organized enough that you only need specific resources now ?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
You can release whatever you're comfortable with - I'd suggest just signing up for what you're already confident with, though. If you still consider yourself learning when it comes to plugins, I would focus on creating resources you feel better about for the first few releases.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
This is pretty interesting since I'd really like to contribute something to this lovely forum. I think I might be able to make title screens, but I have not tried yet. I want to see if I can make decent-looking title screens, so can anyone throw some simple ideas out there for me to start with?

Also, what size do they need to be, pixel-wise?

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I also thought about joining but I don't have much to show but edited tiles and self pixeled stuff for ace and a few artworks. Idk the exact size for mv for the title screens though but for vx ace. I'd also make battlers and screens and stuff but idk if I can make stuff looking rtp-esque and i never tried a mv sprite or tile, just simple edits yet and a few drawn things...
@Micro make sth with pirates bc pirates are awesome

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
What kind of title screens are you talking about? I can always imagine either these with houses or landscapes or some with pictures which don't make too much sense (not that i think that but i mean like pics of space or orange somewhat, idk normal pictures?) I'm bad at describing lol. So you I thought about the sea and a ship fe but you can do whatever you want. Hope i could help in a way even though I'm not good at describing (aww)

Micro

Dragon Goddess
What kind of title screens are you talking about?
Most title screens consist of some type of background and a logo lol. I don't think I've ever seen one that has actual characters on it. things like a forest, a pond, a mountain, etc. I'll have to give this more thought next week, not feeling well today

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
@Micro get well soon(blush) more people seem to be sick the last days. Hope this will change new year

I played and watched too many rpg maker games to tell what kind of screens exist so don't worry about it(cheeky)

Edit: ok, sorry for going all off topic ewe and with the screens it's like I lost the sight of everything bc it's just too many

Last edited:

Micro

Dragon Goddess
@Micro I played and watched too many rpg maker games to tell what kind of screens exist so don't worry about it(cheeky)
what? xD That didn't make any sense to me. by playing more of them, shouldn't you have a better idea of what sort of title screens people have?

anyway, let's stop posting here, don't wanna clog up the thread anymore--was just hoping to get some ideas.

if I make any titles, I'll just show Xyphien in the future. this is getting off-topic a bit ha ha

Akod

Praised Adventurer
I recall that initially your resources had to be allowed for commercial use. Is that no longer the case?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
@Akod , you are correct the terms are now up to the developer creating them, you can do either commercial or non-commercial resources.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
That's great to see you applying! Since we don't have a leader for the writing part of the team yet, you can PM @Xyphien your application for viewing. :)