Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any new Free Forum Software

So I have been searching for some new Free Forum Software I couldn't find any on Google lol. Do any of you guys know any Free Forum Software?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Only three forum softwares I know that are free. MyBB, phpBB, and Forumotion. I haven't seen or heard of any new ones that have come out.

Only three forum softwares I know that are free. MyBB, phpBB, and Forumotion. I haven't seen or heard of any new ones that have come out.
Actually, there are quite a number of them - besides what you mentioned. However. the most popular ones I'd assume would have the best selection of add-ons and themes - so I'd figure that's why it could be better to go with them.

Anyway, who has tried the smaller companies like FluxBB, MyLittleForum - stuff like that? I haven't really. I've only messed around with the big shots.

O.K., I think people could be narrow-minded on this issue. Why not try out some lesser known stuff? I mean, regarding other things, sometimes I want to try the local restaurant - not another Burger King or McDonald's, right?

Last edited:
I have used a new Forum Software I found one its called LayerBB its similar to MyBB and yes its open source (FREE) the only problem is the theme runs on JSON and Bootstrap

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
@Required https://www.woltlab.com this is something I just came across. You can pay for some things, but the core product itself seems free. It's a forum/community software with built in SMS. Seems like something worth checking out, and honestly looks like a better alternative to MyBB or PHPbb.

@Required https://www.woltlab.com this is something I just came across. You can pay for some things, but the core product itself seems free. It's a forum/community software with built in SMS. Seems like something worth checking out, and honestly looks like a better alternative to MyBB or PHPbb.
Woltlab is paid. Anyway, you get free support, but the catch - is that faster support is $149.99 a year (Note: the core software is cheaper than other paid brands.).

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Woltlab is paid. Anyway, you get free support, but the catch - is that faster support is $149.99 a year (Note: the core software is cheaper than other paid brands.).
ahh, the core is free. But you have to pay for the forum. I see now, my bad.