Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amy's Pixel Place [Paid]

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Amy, as a person who has, in the past, and also will likely in the future, use commissioned artists, your prices are extremely reasonable, particularly when looking at your skill and style. I look forward to giving you some requests in February or March.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Is it $9 per sprite, or $9 per sheet of sprites? The way the first post shows it, it looks like per sprite since you show a single image per listing. $9 for an entire sheet of battlers+walking in MV does sound extremely generous though. I'm going to guess it's $9 per each sheet, but MV battlers are going to be a lot more work so I'm wondering how you are going to price those.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I show a single image per listing since I'm just showing an example of what I can do with the style. I typically charge 0.75 USD per frame, so:

12 frames
x 0.75 USD per frame
9 USD total

A full MV sprite (walk sprite + down sprite + battler) would be 69 frames, costing 51.75 USD, assuming no sort of deal is struck. (cat)

Edit: Ack! I missed your post @MinisterJay! Thanks a bunch! (cheeky)
[doublepost=1463267741,1454198108][/doublepost]Update:
New layout, samples, and pricing. Let me know if you have any questions. (smile)

Is there a premium on top for commercial use?

Edit: Apparently I can't retain information I read 5 minutes ago.

Hmm..... I might send you something, well a lot of somethings.

Last edited:

Amy

Villager
Xy$
I was browsing around for creative ideas and came across your gallery, and wow, your work is beautiful! It made me think about buying a commission now that I've realized my sprite-making abilities are atrocious in comparison. I have some questions if I could ask.

• Are you willing to make sprites based on characters from games/shows? (Private use only)
  • Are you willing to make spites based on a PG/PG-13 reference?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Amy Lol! I'm sure you're not as bad as you think, but thank you very much! (cheeky)

- For private use, sure. I just don't allow them for commercial use because of potential copyright issues.
- Yup!

Update for everyone! Here are some recent samples of what I can do:

The one on the far left is a work in progress. :)

Last edited:

BrewedWar

Villager
Xy$
Hi there! Kind of an...awkward first post, but I was wondering if you were still able to take commissions? I have several sprites for the game I'm working on where the default generator just can't cut it and my sincere lack of any real artistic skill keeps me from frankensteining anything together.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hey guys! It took a bit of pre-spring cleaning, but I finally whipped my shop layout back into shape! (cheeky)

As of right now I’m available for icons and character art, but not sprites or tiles. Just a word of warning - it’ll probably stay that way for a while. My availability will vary just a bit due to my class schedule, but I will do my best to keep you all updated. If you’re not quite sure, feel free to ask me via any of my contact methods.