Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amy's Art Assistance [OPEN!]

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team

Hey guys!

I'm by no means a pro, but I thought I'd offer my assistance to anyone looking to improve their artwork! It doesn't matter to me if you already have some experience with art or you're just starting out - anyone is welcome to ask me for help, or just a bit of feedback.

I have the most experience in pixel art, drawing, and 3D animation, but any questions are fair game. If I can't answer your question(s) as well as I'd like, I'll gladly direct you to some tutorials to assist you. If you have any questions about how mentoring works, feel free to ask me below ^^

What I will do:
Provide assistance and support for your artistic endeavors!
Find or create tutorials to help you improve in areas you struggle in.
Give honest feedback to help you figure out your skill level.

What I won't do:
Complete your artwork for you.
Discourage you from trying to improve.
Tell you to fix something without giving any direction.

✎ "How do I sign up?":
If you're interested in receiving assistance, send me a PM with the form at the bottom of this post filled out. Then, I'll look over your portfolio (if you provide one), and decide from there how to help you improve.

*Please be specific with what you need help with! The more you tell me, the more easily I can help you!*

Name:
Type of Assistance Requested: Drawing, spriting, making tiles, etc.
What is the most difficult part for you?: Shading, coming up with designs, outlining, etc.
What is the easiest part for you?: Shading, coming up with designs, outlining, etc.
What is the best way to contact you?: Email, PM, IM, etc.
Portfolio (optional): 1 piece you're happy with, and 1 piece you'd like to improve.

Name: Amy
Type of Assistance Requested: Digital drawing.
What is the most difficult part for you?: Coming up with monster designs.
What is the easiest part for you?: Sketching and outlining characters.
What is the best way to contact you?: Either by email, Discord, or a PM on the forum.

Last edited:

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
This sounds amazing. Have you thought of doing a video series on YT? You could get an amazing following. :) I myself could always use some help, but I'll have to figure what exactly I need help with...

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I've thought about it before, but I've never had a great area to be able to record that kind of thing. Maybe in the future, though! (cheeky)

If you can't decide what it is you'd like help with, I can always look over a few things you've made and see if I can get an idea of what might help. (smile)

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
Aww yeah, it's the "Officially Yell at Amy for Advice Thread". Actually, I should sign up for this...

If you can't decide what it is you'd like help with, I can always look over a few things you've made and see if I can get an idea of what might help. (smile)
Finally, I can say "AMY HELP" without having to say what I need help with because I don't really know what I need help with most of the time. XD

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Hmmm... HMMM... debating on if I should ask to be mentored for spriting... I already ask you for advice all the time.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@DarcHiro: It's always an option~

@Everyone else: I'm going to be offering assistance in 3D texturing as well as modeling now. (cheeky)

Heyyyyy - long time, no update!

I just wanted to go ahead and officially announce that I'm opening this back up, lol. If you need help with spriting, drawing, or just about anything art-related, feel free to let me know! (cheeky)

I think this is an awesome idea! I've always admired your artwork and often wish I'd pursued it more, especially with 3D and Blender stuff. If/when you manage to get some tutorials on YouTube, I'd sub for sure. (thumbsup)

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Ahh, thanks! 3D animation is more or less what I'm getting my degree in, so I'd be more than happy to give you a crash course sometime. I'll let you know if I do end up getting some videos together. (cheeky)