Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allowing more functions to keyboard presses

Nachorl250

Towns Guard
Hi.

I have a pretty big project ported to RPG Maker MV (an Action RPG without any scripting, everything done by myself) and I need a minimum of 11 action keys (4 for movement, one for dashing, melee attacks, special attacks, menu, defense and 2 for changing the selected special attack). However, RPG Maker MV only allows for 7 action keys (movement, dashing, OK key, Cancel/Menu Key), which makes my game impossible to finish.

To be clear, I DON'T need to remap the existing keys like I could do with Yanfly's KeyboardConfig, but rather using conditional branches to check whether any key on the keyboard is pressed and trigger events based on that.

Examples of what I need but for VX Ace:
Keyboard Manager by Zalerinian
Full Input Keyboard by Cidiomar

Do any of you know where to get this kind of plugin or maybe make one? I know nothing about Javascript and it would make me really sad not to be able to finish my game in which I spent countless hours just because of a plugin.

Thank you really much for reading!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
This kind of plugin is currently under development by @eivl so if you wait a little while longer you should have it in no time. So considering you have a big project you can work on some other things until it's released.
Cheers :D

Nachorl250

Towns Guard
This kind of plugin is currently under development by @eivl so if you wait a little while longer you should have it in no time. So considering you have a big project you can work on some other things until it's released.
Cheers :D
Really? Thank you for replying, I didn't know! Really excited to finish the first version of the game!