Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACTIVE CONTEST(S)

aFriendlyCow

Villager
Xy$
The last reply/post before Starbird was January 28th, 2018. As to a response to Mistyday's question; It has taken 5 months and 28 days. Is this thread dead or I am missing something here? Because doing any contents for developers or any type of artist is always seeking to display their individual skill(s) to RPGMaker Community.
"MinisterJay, Aug 23, 2017
There are currently no contests going on."

As it's been 11 months and 5 days of no contents have been made by RPGMaker Staff.

Also;
"MinisterJay, Sep 11, 2017
I will let everyone know when there is a new RPG Maker MV Resources and Forum contest. Time of year has rarely influenced us having a contest or not."

To me, It looks like the RPGMaker Community should have the ability to make a competitive RPGMaker contest.
Anyone who is willing to create a contest to help their game(s) to be recognized in RPGMaker Community.
I was thinking, Once the Game Theme has been voted and chosen. Why not have a separate page to submit the game themes and one more separate page for the chosen game theme for everyone to submit their game related to the chosen theme.

Why?
As I see this will help the developer(s).
Also, If any Game Developer(s) or anyone, group(s), sponsors are willing to set up a prize. My suggestion of the best prizes is anything related towards helping the developer(s) to develop their game project(s). Example: Game Development Software Tool(s) of 1 year to a Lifetime subscription/key(s) (even if the prized is gifted from humblebundle) or Prize Money.

The RPGMaker Staff can just ask the community for idea suggestions on a Due Date. Then the Admins Pick the Top 5 game theme ideas and only the RPGMaker Community can vote in the current poll. No RPGMaker Staff members can vote and Only One Admin can vote for Tiebreakers after the Due Date. But, Before any Admin votes at all for a tiebreaker. As an Additional suggested idea on top; Persuade the community or an Admin on public view thread which only admins and the few individuals have been chosen to be their voice for the contest theme pick. Again, it's just a crazy idea. This is not in stone.

I know there's a lot of work into doing this way. But I see it as to keep the RPGMaker Staff and Community more active than currently.
Plus, I'm just throwing an idea that people who can rewrite/edit everything I just said to make it work for everyone to understand. So, If you don't like my suggested idea, great. Just create an improved version or entirely a new idea. I'm just tired of waiting for RPGMakers Staff to make a move as it seems that's not going to happen anytime soon aka it looks DEAD.

Anyone else has any better suggestions or ideas? Did you like my idea? If so, type out for anything you think or know will be an improvement.

Thanks!
"Keep on designin' your burning passion for everyone to witness."

Last edited:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
To me, It looks like the RPGMaker Community should have the ability to make a competitive RPGMaker contest.
Anyone who is willing to create a contest to help their game(s) to be recognized in RPGMaker Community.
I was thinking, Once the Game Theme has been voted and chosen. Why not have a separate page to submit the game themes and one more separate page for the chosen game theme for everyone to submit their game related to the chosen theme.

Why?
As I see this will help the developer(s).
Also, If any Game Developer(s) or anyone, group(s), sponsors are willing to set up a prize. My suggestion of the best prizes is anything related towards helping the developer(s) to develop their game project(s). Example: Game Development Software Tool(s) of 1 year to a Lifetime subscription/key(s) (even if the prized is gifted from humblebundle) or Prize Money.

The RPGMaker Staff can just ask the community for idea suggestions on a Due Date. Then the Admins Pick the Top 5 game theme ideas and only the RPGMaker Community can vote in the current poll. No RPGMaker Staff members can vote and Only One Admin can vote for Tiebreakers after the Due Date. But, Before any Admin votes at all for a tiebreaker. As an Additional suggested idea on top; Persuade the community or an Admin on public view thread which only admins and the few individuals have been chosen to be their voice for the contest theme pick. Again, it's just a crazy idea. This is not in stone.

I know there's a lot of work into doing this way. But I see it as to keep the RPGMaker Staff and Community more active than currently.
Plus, I'm just throwing an idea that people who can rewrite/edit everything I just said to make it work for everyone to understand. So, If you don't like my suggested idea, great. Just create an improved version or entirely a new idea. I'm just tired of waiting for RPGMakers Staff to make a move as it seems that's not going to happen anytime soon aka it looks DEAD.

Anyone else has any better suggestions or ideas? Did you like my idea? If so, type out for anything you think or know will be an improvement.

Thanks!
"Keep on designin' your burning passion for everyone to witness."
Interesting idea. Anything that promotes forum activity and is community based/funded sounds good to me.
I always like a good game dev contest. (hella)

Show of "thumbs" (like this post)... should we start the above event?

Last edited: