Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acapella...singer?

PAC918

Towns Guard
LoL, I know this may be a stretch but as I'm doing a project with my two daughters I need to ask if anyone (male) here can (and is willing to) sing ACAPELLA to this;
Just the first minute! BUT if you're feeling it, go ahead and knock out the whole song, haha.

This is for a scene where the Prince of the North is waiting at a neutral point for his future bride, the Princess of the South. He's just there waiting with two guards, anxious to meet his bride to be, and decides to pass the time with song. (My girls are 9 and 11, poor me, I know...)

Point me in the right direction for this?!?

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
Covers of copyrighted music in a game is NOT a good idea as the copyright is still held by the original artist. The exception is if you have permission from the original artist or if you purchase a license. And yes, making a cover is fair use, but using that cover for media that might be distributed (like a game) is NOT.

Last edited:

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Covers of copyrighted music in a game is NOT a good idea as the copyright is still held by the original artist. The exception is if you have permission from the original artist or if you purchase a license. And yes, making a cover is fair use, but using that cover for media that might be distributed (like a game) is NOT.
The game is being made by ~10 year old kids. I doubt it'll get distributed at all.

PAC918

Towns Guard
Still need this for the scene mentioned in first post but the "cover" wouldn't be in the final cut simply because of copyright issues. I explained this to the girls early on when they chose the song.

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
Another nice thing about the Karaoke community, there are many near professionals in it (as well as aspiring professionals) who write their own things and might be a source for very reasonable if not free music.