Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A JavaScript developer walks into an RPG Maker forum

jeremyckahn

Villager
Xy$
Hello! It's been a super long time since I used RPG Maker, but I just picked up RMMV and couldn't be happier. I'm a senior JavaScript/web developer by day, so I'm really excited to see what I can do with this tool. Fun fact: RPG Maker on the PSX is what got me into programming years ago. It inspired me to go to school for game development, and from there I wound up pursuing a career in web development, which I've been doing for the last 6 years or so. It's funny to see things come full circle with RMMV, since the games it creates are 100% HTML5. So many possibilities!

I've made a number of games on older RPG Makers. Here are the highlights:
(My handle used to be "jerbils.")

And here I am on Github, in case you want to see some of my JavaScript work: https://github.com/jeremyckahn

I've already made some simple plugins for RMMV that I'd be happy to share. Here's a preview of one that I'm using: https://gist.github.com/jeremyckahn/3990e87240d68bf227da

I'm experienced with JavaScript, so hit me up if you have any questions and I'll try to help where I can!

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hello! It's awesome to see someone with several games already out - from what I could see they look great!

I hope you enjoy the forums! :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Awsome I love when I hear someone experienced in Javascript signed up, happy to have you here. This is a really nice and friendly community, you picked the right place to come to that's for sure. Looking forward to seeing you around.
Cheers :D

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Aww, man... I had hoped for a classy joke looking at the thread title. XD
Anyway, it's great to see someone experienced here. Someone who actually got stuff done in the past. Anyway, welcome to the forums where there's no "envy" only "MV". ^_^

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm looking forward to some of the plugins you may release here! :D

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Welcome to the forums, Jeremy! I'm glad to see another JavaScripter joining the forums!
Can't wait to see your plugins, if any! :P

Hello and welcome! I may well pick your brains later. It's been a long time since I picked up the paintbrush of Javascript and actually created something. So... ;)