Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wishing for diagonal sprites.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
https://github.com/Hudell/mv-plugins/blob/master/OrangeMovement/SuperOrangeMovementEx.js Allows 8 directions.

As for making a full sheet I don't know if that's possible yet. Maybe? I think the way people did it before was to have separate sprite sheets for when up+left was pressed, the sprite sheets would be switched to a diagonal sheet as long as the buttons were held.

Not sure how that would work with mouse movement though. I've never tried it before in the first place, so I'm not sure.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@legendreef1: This is already a request thread. Please try and add more the discussion next time. ^^

@Macro: I'm not positive how it would work with mouse movement, but yeah, you're right about the different character sheets. Basically, the diagonal movements become a sheet all their own. Here's the usual layout that I've seen:

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
You would as i understand the code, rewrite the entire core aspect of the game, you would then if that was not enough solve the problem that you do not have 8 directions to move but only 4, solution to the latter would be to subdivide the tile in smaller tiles and give the player the option to move one small tile at the time.

When you get this to work, how would you do it with a touch device? holding two buttons on the keyboard is all fine, but you can not do that with mouse or touch input.

The idea is a nice one, i just think it is not as useful as you might think since it will be so limited in use in ration of how time consuming it would be to create.