Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish to the Stars - Plot ideas and stuff

Which of these do you prefer for a party member?

• A friendly wanderer

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A disgraced knight

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • An animal companion

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • A mysterious wizard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A good childhood friend

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • The last member of an ancient race

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • An exiled prince

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
This sounds very good thus far, when you do start this project, make sure to show some pictures, and even a video or two :D I'm quite interested in seeing this come together!

Just a quick update. The poll will end on the 20th. Carry on.
[doublepost=1444599139,1444440398][/doublepost]Added the names and the names of the classes of the seven characters. Just in case you guys want to have a look.

Out of curiosity, what motivated the choice for the handful of characters? It's a new way of story planning for me; I always think a story through, beginning to end, and add a character when it seems fitting, as opposed to inventing characters first and then figuring out how to include them. Nothing wrong about it! Just new to me. :3

I would say the story is very solid so far; you have a very good focus (sister and brother looking to reunite) with characters that, though on the younger side, are nonetheless believable. I'll have to wait to read the other bios for now, so I'll make a goal to comment later. [I voted sole survivor of a dying race because I think that's pretty unique!] I also really like your concept of splitting the story between two characters throughout - very nice touch.

What you have me wondering is this: is there a tie-in with the star? Does it have some special significance? Is fighting going to be optional, or will it be heavy (I imagine a crafty hunter being more stealthy than confronting every enemy around)? Where does a girl like Aria learn magic spells from? Is magic very prevalent, sacred, special, organized? Is the dark knight the ultimate bad guy, or is there someone in charge of him?

Hope this helps! :D

Really, it's just something I wanted to try out. I basically know how all of the characters fit into the story, but I wanted to see what it would be like if I let the community decide who will be in the game.

Thanks! I basically just wanted a simple, but strong, story idea and it was the first that flew into my mind.

I will answer these questions in order.

1: There is a tie-in with the star, or perhaps stars would be more appropriate. It just isn't obvious from the story premise. And yes. It does have a special significance, though, I wonder if people will be able to figure it out before the game is released.
2: Enemy encounters are planned to be visible on the map, so fighting is optional to an extent, though, you will need to do some fighting to stand a chance against certain bosses.
3: I won't say much until I have the bios for Aria and Arnold out for people to see, but magic is both prevalent and not prevalent at the same time. And as to how Aria knows magic, well, that's a fun little mystery for you to figure out when the game is out.
4: Who said the dark knight was a bad guy? :3

-LS

(EDIT)

I will be adding Arnold and Aria's bios on the 18th.
[doublepost=1445261500,1444958049][/doublepost]Last day of the poll. It will end tomorrow at 12pm my time (EST). Also, sorry for not getting up the bios for Arnold and Aria. I realized that the way I write bios isn't exactly the most interesting way of doing so, that being that it's very straight forward. Again, sorry.

PixelMister

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hmm I'd perhaps change the names of Arnold and Hillary - they're a bit bland :/
I thought Orion would sound nice for Arnold (plus it links to stars ^_^) and it has a nice ring with Aria- Orion and Aria, see?]

It's a good premise however, and I like the chapter and character changing aspect.

Well guys, the votes are in and the poll is over. Time to see just who will be in the game.

First, the top four, which will be the party members in the game:

In 1st place we have… Cavall, the animal companion!

And right behind him in 2nd place is… Galahad, the disgraced knight!

Coming in at 3rd is… Marcus, the childhood friend!

And last, but not least, the 4th place winner is… Eden, the last of an ancient race!

Quite the interesting cast we have there. I hope I can do them justice! But now onto those who didn’t quite make it.

In 5th place is… Hillary, the wanderer!

Just behind her in 6th place is… Sebastion, the exiled prince!

And finally, the 7th place winner is… Phin, the mysterious wizard!

Thank you guys for taking enough interest in this to vote. We got a total of 54 votes between here and the Ace forums! Thank you all again, and I hope to be posting some news on the project in a week, or two. Until then, have a good day!

Final vote counts(from most to least):

An animal companion - Cavall: 14

A disgraced knight - Galahad: 10

A childhood friend - Marcus: 10

The last member of an ancient race - Eden: 7

A friendly wanderer - Hillary: 5

An exiled prince - Sebastion: 4

A mysterious wizard - Phin: 2
[doublepost=1445381875,1445357202][/doublepost]Gonna add links to the character mockups for Aria and Aiden(Arnold's new name) that I've posted on pastebin.