Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki Added!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Thanks to @Tsukihime for this amazing request. I went ahead and added a huge Wiki update to the forum. You can now make wiki posts for games, resources, etc. If I'm missing something comment it below. Of course with the addition to a huge update, we now have 5 new badges for the Wiki! You can get badges for making contributions to the Wiki, commenting on the wiki, and translating the wiki.

Simply click the Wiki button next to Sponsor and Resources.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
For non-english users, how easily would they be able to come to the site and use the wiki?

For article translations, what are some ways we can organize the pages?
Looking around, I have the "options" button and under it says "Translate this Page" which allows you to link multiple translations together. It would probably be nice to have some sort of page title standard.

I don't think the moderation feature should be in place, but I'm assuming that was activated by default.

Last edited:

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I could help if I knew how the codding and the links work with a Wiki. There are some codes like clicking on a link that make you scroll to the area I would want to understand how it works. And if I'm not mistaken, they use HTML codes? ^^

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I could help if I knew how the codding and the links work with a Wiki. There are some codes like clicking on a link that make you scroll to the area I would want to understand how it works. And if I'm not mistaken, they use HTML codes? ^^
Ours uses HTML, and BBCode. So, if you know how to type on a forum, you can type in the wiki :D

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Ours uses HTML, and BBCode. So, if you know how to type on a forum, you can type in the wiki :D
But there's one technique I didn't master yet. And that's the vignette when you click on a name, it will auto-scroll to the area, like when you're looking to the index and want to skip a lot of readings.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
But there's one technique I didn't master yet. And that's the vignette when you click on a name, it will auto-scroll to the area, like when you're looking to the index and want to skip a lot of readings.
I've never added anything to a wiki to be honest, so I have no idea how to do any of that :O I just added this because someone requested it, and it seemed like a great idea at the time.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I've never added anything to a wiki to be honest, so I have no idea how to do any of that :O I just added this because someone requested it, and it seemed like a great idea at the time.
Don't worry about that, if I can do anything to help, I'll do my best when I'll be motivated ^^

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Hypothetical question: if I was to write an article in the music section, it could be about anything audio-related, right. So let's say, I'm gonna write a wiki article about me, the composer, and link to all my provided resources (which might also get their own wiki articles). Would that be acceptable? Am I getting the concept right? :P

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Yes and it works like this usually :
Code:
[url=name you give for your link]URL for the link to go[/url]
Oh, I meant on the same page.

in HTML it's like

Code:
<a href="test">Go to Test</a>

<a name="test">Test section</a>
I just realized the name "anchor tags" are used for both internal and external pages.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I was trying to make a research about what's an anchor link, but you didn't specify which one, so they gave me the most used one. So if I want to make a specific paragraph jump, I'll have to use an internal anchor link if I'm correct?

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I edited my page and it required moderator approval.
I think this should be disabled as well.

I was trying to make a research about what's an anchor link, but you didn't specify which one, so they gave me the most used one. So if I want to make a specific paragraph jump, I'll have to use an internal anchor link if I'm correct?
Yes. When I came to this thread, the browser automatically jumped to your post.
The URL in my address bar is

Code:
http://www.rpgmakermv.co/threads/wiki-added.302/#post-3875
The #post-3875 is the ID of the element that it should jump to.
In the source code, you see this

Code:
<li id="post-3875" class="message  " data-author="Rise Evil">
If you go to the Ace wiki
http://rmvxace.wikia.com

And you click on any of the links in the "contents" box at the top, you'll see that it uses the #NAME format as well.

MediaWiki automatically aggregates section headers into a table of contents.
However, while the wiki system on the forum looks like mediawiki, it doesn't appear to support wiki markup.

One of the more powerful tools in mediawiki is the ability to take a common template and include it in a bunch of articles, for example.

Last edited:

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
So I can make a jump on the specific paragraph with <a name="test">Test section</a> :O
I didn't know we could also code a jump to a specific reply/post as well. That's good to know ^^

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
So I can make a jump on the specific paragraph with <a name="test">Test section</a> :O
I didn't know we could also code a jump to a specific reply/post as well. That's good to know ^^
I'm not sure actually.

<a href="#hime_test">test</a>

<a id="hime_test">Test here</a>

Doesn't work in HTML.

I don't know the BBcode for it.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Code:
<a href"name">URL</a>
is
[url="name"]URL[/url]
For the <a id> one, I don't think there is any in the BBCode, but I'm not sure though erm...

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I would suggest adding a section for wiki help section, so that it would be easy to link users that are new to the wiki and wish to contribute but are not sure how to wiki.