Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Enter in RPG Maker MV Game Making Contest?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are many reasons to enter the various RPG Maker MV game making contests. It does not even matter what level of expertise you think you may be at. Here are but a few.

1. You are building up a portfolio. Every contest you enter, you are adding to the list of published games that you have made. There may be a day when you desire to make your first attempt at producing a commercial game. People may recognize you from the different games they played during contest. If you have the time, enter in as many contests as possible.

2. You will most likely be critiqued. Either through discussion or through private messaging, people will tell you what they think about your game. Take ALL critiquing in a positive manner. You will learn how to make your games better.

3. You may place in a position that offers cash, free games, and other services. Another benefit of placing, in the top three is that it will make a stronger portfolio.

4. Quoting Teddy Roosevelt: "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
[doublepost=1480107478,1478107497][/doublepost]Giving this thread a little bump, since many may be off of school for Thanksgiving holidays.

Last edited:
I like your thinking. I never thought of putting contest games into a portfolio. But it makes sense to. Most of the time, especially this year I've had frustratingly little time to enter any, notably with RPG Maker MV, as much as I may have wanted to. Time is always a factor, even with the best time management.