Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you all start to share your game to the public?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
So, I'm currently making a super top secret game of epicosity... and I don't have much of it done, and it's still heavily in the design phase. I really want to share it, though I don't think it's about time.

This being said, when do you all tend to share your game, at what stage do you share your game?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Each game is different. Some I give weeks notice before I even start on them. Others I work on for months, and give just a hint.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I share some plot and character details, and maybe some graphics (map, character design, UI, etc.) I'm proud of. Nothing in depth though, it kills the surprise factor in my opinion.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm happy I know about your top secret project, I can't wait till you share it. Sharing tot he public is really a personal choice, if you ever lack motivation the community is always a good way to get it back though.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Ahh you can always show when you feel ready X3 Even if it's just a short text you can always put in some updates, concept, screenies and stuff :D
I personally never show my own games for public. It's a personal thing for me....