Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's been your largest loss?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
My game just crashed, and I lost over 80 enemies that I've created, and now have to recreate them all over again. That being said, what has been your largest loss when developing a game?

I almost lost my world map. It was max size for MV and was huge file size wise. It was devastating.

Then I found it in a backup. So... I guess I didn't really lose it, ha ha. Would have quit if I had.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I almost lost my world map. It was max size for MV and was huge file size wise. It was devastating.

Then I found it in a backup. So... I guess I didn't really lose it, ha ha. Would have quit if I had.
That would have been devastating. I'm glad you found the back up at least! Yeah I feel you on the quitting part. I went to work on mine and after finding out I lost that many enemies I kind of quit for the day lol. Will pick up on it tomorrow and grind back ground it >.> now instead of just 100 I have 180 to do...