Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do about those "Black Borders"

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
You know when you go full-screen in previous RM's you get these "black borders" on your monitor?
I think I've found a solution for MV.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I thought MV had a plugin to fix this issue, and that you'll only have to get a plugin or add an option to go fullscreen afterwards :O

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I'd been asking for a way to fix this since the VX days. Even if it meant simply allowing some image overlay to be shown.

I thought MV was supposed to be multi-res, which would discard those.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I thought MV had a plugin to fix this issue, and that you'll only have to get a plugin or add an option to go fullscreen afterwards :O
Maybe. I don't think they'll necessarily address the issue for everyone though.
For example, I have a wide-screen monitor but the person across from me has one of those square-looking ones.

I'd been asking for a way to fix this since the VX days. Even if it meant simply allowing some image overlay to be shown.

I thought MV was supposed to be multi-res, which would discard those.
What do you mean by "mutli-res"?

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Maybe. I don't think they'll necessarily address the issue for everyone though.
For example, I have a wide-screen monitor but the person across from me has one of those square-looking ones.
Now I see what you mean. It's either Four : Three or Sixteen : Nine. You're right about this issue, I didn't think about it at first ^^"

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
Probably this issue is solved with Yanfly's plugins for MV...You can change the screen resolution anywhere. There is a demonstration on Yanfly's channel. You should check it.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Do you mean something like this?

"Resolution" itself is pretty ambiguous so I just want to be certain what you're referring to.
That would ideally be the best way. But I meant fluid resolution scaling, as in, no black borders at all and the map visibility and windows are all anchored to the respective positions, and the edges pan to the edge of the screen. As well as the window.width's and window.height's are adjusted relative to the current X and Y of the viewport... does that make sense?

Like I said, it's wishful thinking. But that would mean if by default it was 960x720 pixels, and I went full screen on my 1920x1080 resolution monitor, it would simply upscale the resolution to that size. If all windows and sizes were relative, they would be too.