Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you worked on today?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Feel free to post pictures or explain what you managed to work on today with any RM program you may be using :)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Very nice :) It reminds me that I need to make some sort of trailer video for my game :( I just want more stuff finished before I do as I don't have all of the core functions done yet.

I've finished up a basic computer that allows you to withdraw and place your actors in it. All 185 of them

Nothing. Vikings released a final 10 episodes (7.5 hours to get through) and drunk on Zoom with friends for new years. Will need to make up for this late

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
snow.gif1609654006494.png
Finished the snow version of the tileset and working on the cave version right now :) Got all of that done today :D

I've never had so many pages in an event before. Probably means I could have designed them better :P

Ah well, I'm very happy with how they work :)

1610242739405.png

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I haven't done too much recently, I fixed a few bugs with the demo but that's about it. I'm trying to finish the board game before the competitor is out so I'm crunching down on that.

I've been holding off sharing what I've been working on because it's all stuff for the game jam and I'm not sure if it should be a surprise or not.

Surprise or not... I just hope whoever plays it, doesn't get mad at it for being bad. Set the bar low on this one (cheeky)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I've been holding off sharing what I've been working on because it's all stuff for the game jam and I'm not sure if it should be a surprise or not.

Surprise or not... I just hope whoever plays it, doesn't get mad at it for being bad. Set the bar low on this one (cheeky)
(cute) No one's going to get mad for anything lol. As of now the rating's are based off of the community as well as myself and Eemee who will be testing out the game and giving the final say :)

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
I am working on a request from my mother who has now embraced the fact and excepted us having native american blood. She wants a game with farming and hunting with longhouses, teepees and totem poles. Looks like I am doing a new pack all. Native style this time. looked and only found 2 and i need to buy them from the steam store to get them and there is not much there. Just some Aztec charas and western style tiles is all. I did find a dream catcher in the magic dlc. Should have seen my face when she asked for it. lol

I am working on a request from my mother...
Very cool. Are you going to stay true to a specific culture or just mix them up cuz it's your own creation not a historical record?

AKA will it be Aztec based on resources or include Lakota, Cree, etc.?

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
Mix them up because there the only thing i found at this time is 1 dream catcher in the magic dlc they have, Only thing is they turned it white when it was made from leather. Only one item was made with white leather and that was not it.

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
Very cool. Are you going to stay true to a specific culture or just mix them up cuz it's your own creation not a historical record?

AKA will it be Aztec based on resources or include Lakota, Cree, etc.?
If you know of any tilesets or charas let me know. That would be of grate help to get her game done. She wants to know what it was like. We are dyslexic so
it is hard for us. She had now excepted the fact we are native. Was a shock to me when she asked me to make it. lol I am going to mix it up.

If you know of any tilesets or charas let me know. That would be of grate help to get her game done. She wants to know what it was like. We are dyslexic so
it is hard for us. She had now excepted the fact we are native. Was a shock to me when she asked me to make it. lol I am going to mix it up.
I just find its good to establish such to yourself as a developer going forward. Otherwise you might find yourself reluctant to do things that aren't "regional" "historically accurate" or "representative." I remember one person was making some kind of unicorn game and they kept asking me if they had to make all the unicorn horns the same size and I was like "It's literally your world. You get to make it however you want. I don't think there are any rules on fantasy creatures." But with that said, you're not making fantasy creatures so you will still need to follow some guidelines to be respectful and appropriate.

As far as resources go, no. I don't particularly know a good tileset for that. One of my favourite RPG resource artists is Avery and I consistently forget what great stuff she has put out. Just did a quick peach and saw some that could be useful. As far as using their work, read the terms. Some of the items have additional contributors but for the most part, they just want a copy of the game you make if you use her stuff.
1611269092768.png

Also I'm still playing in MV, not sure if it was that you were looking for either:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I've currently been working on another project. I own a gaming convention that I host Bi-Yearly (twice a year) and currently working on bringing an MMO/Online aspect to the game, so I've been working on that. It's been a struggle and one of my main focuses but it is using RMMV so that's always a huge bonus ;)