Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What domain name should I get

samorious

Towns Guard
So yeah, another thread by me :D

I have got a question for you all. For a small company I own together with a friend called "Toxic Monkeys" we want to create a website. The only thing left is creating a domain name. Since the domain name toxicmonkeys.com is already been used I was thinking of:
toxicmonkeyscollective.com
(since we are an collective).

The question I had. Is that name too long? What is your opinion about it?

Cheers,
samorious

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
I agree, collective is sooo looong and not interesting (at least for me).
toxicmonkeysgames.com is fine if your collective are in games, if not only games toxicmonkeysgroup.com sounds good too.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
If you're a collective, ToxicMonkey.co isn't taken if you'd like to go down the non .com path (Much like RPGMakerMV.co) You also have ToxicMonkey.net .org etc.

ToxicMonkeyco.com is available as well, it is a shortened version of collective. Toxic-Monkey.com is available. - is actually better for SEO as well, so you'd be able to rank higher in google for those two words.

If you're a collective, ToxicMonkey.co isn't taken if you'd like to go down the non .com path (Much like RPGMakerMV.co) You also have ToxicMonkey.net .org etc.

ToxicMonkeyco.com is available as well, it is a shortened version of collective. Toxic-Monkey.com is available. - is actually better for SEO as well, so you'd be able to rank higher in google for those two words.
I agree 110% with Xyphien. Being in IT in my real life (real life? what's that?!) i can tell you the shorter the better for overall appearance as well as SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
keep it short. 'tmcollective' might be best. 'toxic' and 'monkeys' are words that people will react to. by having it be {acronym}{professionals} they'll be visiting without preconception