Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphics Weapon Animations-Ideas?

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
I've made a icon into a weapon, and was wondering if there was any other ideas you guys had for me to make next? I plan to post them all when I'm done...
Lute in action.png

Figured how to do a simple play animation: Use Missile Battler in the Weapons Animation
Harp in Action.png

They are mainly just edits, so you'll need to have Rpg Maker VX Ace to use animations from them though...

Last edited:

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
Uhhhhh..... This may be way more ideas than you were looking for, but:

Rusty, Copper, Iron, Steel, Obsidian, and a deep purpley transclucent "legendary" materlial for:
-Dagger
-Longsword
-Mace
-Spear
-Flail
-Axe

A custom wand/rod and staff/sceptre for:
-Fire
-Water
-Earth
-Lightning
-Air
-Ice
-Holy/Light
-Chaos/Darkness
-Life/healing

Bonus points for:
-Crude, primitive flint versions of the dagger and spear
-Lances in all the versions that a mace would come in.

I realize this is probably more than you were looking for, but I consider these necessary base graphics that just aren't available. These graphics could be re-contextualized into basically every 'flavor' of the item one could want. For me, just offering a couple one-off super-specific custom graphics would create an inconsistency in what the player is to expect when they receive a weapon reward.

Short of having all these graphics, I just wouldn't ever introduce a unique dagger, as it would devalue literally every other dagger.
[doublepost=1452293291,1452293183][/doublepost]your work is excellent btw! i totally wouldn't even request all that if i didn't think your work would add significant value to my game.

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
@Isaac The Red yes, i'm aware of that. this is a discussion specifically about resources.
[doublepost=1452304588,1452301859][/doublepost]also, the names aren't hard-coded, they are configurable via weapon types

Isaac The Red

Towns Guard
No, you can change your Weapon Types, You can not rename the Weapon Animations in the Editor.
Changing this: Weapon Types.png Is not the same as Changing This: Attack Motion Image.png
Though Believe it I wish you could, this limitation in the base editor is absolutely ghastly, and makes me sad.

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
@Isaac The Red what's your point. the names of the weapon animations aren't player-facing, and anyone with a basic knowledge of plugins will be using notetags to specify the filename of the weapon animation.

if you're looking for help, please post in the appropriate section of the forum. this section is just for resources, aka graphics and music. your posts are not contributing to DarcHiro's original question of 'what graphics should i make next?'

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Uhhhhh..... This may be way more ideas than you were looking for, but:

Rusty, Copper, Iron, Steel, Obsidian, and a deep purpley transclucent "legendary" materlial for:
-Dagger
-Longsword
-Mace
-Spear
-Flail
-Axe

A custom wand/rod and staff/sceptre for:
-Fire
-Water
-Earth
-Lightning
-Air
-Ice
-Holy/Light
-Chaos/Darkness
-Life/healing

Bonus points for:
-Crude, primitive flint versions of the dagger and spear
-Lances in all the versions that a mace would come in.

I realize this is probably more than you were looking for, but I consider these necessary base graphics that just aren't available. These graphics could be re-contextualized into basically every 'flavor' of the item one could want. For me, just offering a couple one-off super-specific custom graphics would create an inconsistency in what the player is to expect when they receive a weapon reward.

Short of having all these graphics, I just wouldn't ever introduce a unique dagger, as it would devalue literally every other dagger.
[doublepost=1452293291,1452293183][/doublepost]your work is excellent btw! i totally wouldn't even request all that if i didn't think your work would add significant value to my game.
Those are some really good ideas, I think I'll do various different weapon animations as sets. So I'm going to finish the instrument set, then I'll go to staves, sword, ect... :D But I'm doing my best to create stuff for everyone~

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
i love it man! sounds great :D even if i dont get my whoooole list, i'd be ecstatic to get some of them, then i could do the ones that aren't available by hand on my end (i can do it, it just takes me like 3 hours for a 16x16 image lol. i cant do art fast)

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Not sure if anyone suggested Tomes yet, but I'd love to see it. :D

Also Scythes if it hasn't been mentioned, and elemental staves. (water ice fire lightning holy etc) Whips maybe?

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Nice job indeed! Maybe add some poison vials and such too (using the icons for the green or purple/red potion things heh). My other idea isn't for using icons but a blade arm would be awesome to see (like the blade is attached to their arm but doesn't remove their hands heh). I'm making a gen part for that on my character for my project, so it'd be pretty cool to see something similar as an animated weapon. Might be able to use that unique wavy sword icon for it too now that I think about it.
[doublepost=1453384027,1453383980][/doublepost]
Not sure if anyone suggested Tomes yet, but I'd love to see it. :D

Also Scythes if it hasn't been mentioned, and elemental staves. (water ice fire lightning holy etc) Whips maybe?
I've seen a scythe one before, but it was huge lol. Maybe a smaller version? And yeah whips would be awesome to have too.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Hi DarcHiro. Nice work. How do you edit weapon graphics/animations?
Making weapon animations are fairly easy, I just replace a certain weapon animation name when I edit... But before that, I prefer to use gimp... and I reference the VX Ace icons to give me ideas.