Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Vibrant Battlers

Tuomo L

Towns Guard
Hey! Now my tilesets match something vibrant LOL. Glad someone else thought similar there.
Yeah, I just think dull washed out colors don't do the new higher res justice. We finally are able to truly show off huge color differences and depth, so let's make use of that. :)

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Yeah, I just think dull washed out colors don't do the new higher res justice. We finally are able to truly show off huge color differences and depth, so let's make use of that. :)
I agree completely! (though others prefer the RTP colors lol) I seem to only make higher res color schemes when I make stuff x.x so it don't always match the RTP. Might have to change that and just make the RTP resources more vibrant xP

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Tuomo L . What I like about what you did, is you did the direct opposite of what I did. You made them more vibrant. I took the entire RTP and made then RETRO Black and White.

Tuomo L

Towns Guard
@Tuomo L . What I like about what you did, is you did the direct opposite of what I did. You made them more vibrant. I took the entire RTP and made then RETRO Black and White.
I once did something similar to my game though I used high contrasts instead of just b&w to give it a sort of Sin City style comic feel, which fit the psychological horror nature of the project.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I once did something similar to my game though I used high contrasts instead of just b&w to give it a sort of Sin City style comic feel, which fit the psychological horror nature of the project.
Similarly I did not just b&w it, I darkened it too, so it was darker than greyscale.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting, I generally made the whites whiter and darks darker. I didn't even think of making just the darks darker, interesting idea!
They are all here in Resources. The entire RTP in darkened Black and White, and a demo to show its effects.

Back to what you have done. I love that you have un-dulled the look. (smile)

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Interesting, I generally made the whites whiter and darks darker. I didn't even think of making just the darks darker, interesting idea!
Could also do a set of pure black and white style like "White Night" did. That actually added a pretty creepy feel to it lol. Also, do you plan on making the rest of the RTP vibrant like that? If not, then I can do it to match it lol.

Tuomo L

Towns Guard
Could also do a set of pure black and white style like "White Night" did. That actually added a pretty creepy feel to it lol. Also, do you plan on making the rest of the RTP vibrant like that? If not, then I can do it to match it lol.
I could, I have some time this week-end. Anything specific you wanted?

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I could, I have some time this week-end. Anything specific you wanted?
Nah not really, The whole RTP should have a vibrant set eventually for everything. Jay did the BnW set lol so only fitting a vibrant one comes along at some point or another xP. So pretty much, whatever you feel like doing! I can do anything you don't want to (in terms of making them vibrant).