Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very strange error message on Mac ("EROFS: read-only file system, mkdir")

Zack

Towns Guard
Xy$
A beta tester on a Mac showed me an error that occurs when pressing cancel/"x" from the options menu on the title screen. I can't find anything about it online.

I watched him recreate the error multiple times, but on my computer the error doesn't occur. (The screen just flashes black, plays the cancel noise, and goes back to the title menu like it should.)

Any idea what this is about?(sad) We are both using the same OS (10.12.6)

I'm sure you've already solved this issue, but for anyone else that has this problem: it is caused by MacOS flagging downloaded applications for sandboxing. Moving the application to a different folder will clear the flag and allow it to be run normally.

If you can't open it at all (because it's not signed) then you need to right click on it and select open. This will bypass the usual restriction against running unsigned applications and give you a dialog asking if you really want to run the program. You'll still need to move it though.