Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating RPG Maker MV Character Generator Files for 1.3.4

sonny12681

Villager
Xy$
It's not a good idea to upgrade anything with codes because one little mistake and the entire project will crash.
why can't there be just new sprites do just download and add to the generator instead of doing what this video is showing?
fulling around with coding can put the project in danger.

Zarsla

Villager
Xy$
@sonny12681
At the time this was released, RPG Maker MV had updated. Because of this older files made with older versions of the generator, weren't able to be opened by this new generator. And thus if you updated the editor, you couldn't use your old generator files. Thus this video showed you how to make your old generator files work with the updated generator.

Also note that editing the generator files won't make your game not work, you'll just be unable to use the generator.

As well as, I do know basic coding so I have and do edit the base code, usually thru private, personal plugins but I still do. And yes I've made videos from time to time displaying and doing that but I don't release videos with code, I haven't test with or played around with, I make sure that the code I give out works at the time I'm using it and I strive to make that clear for my audiences.

Last edited: