Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Write File (Answered, thanks!)

Hellviper

Villager
Xy$
First off: HUGE thanks in advance to anyone who knows what is wrong or can lead me to someone who does.

I was working on my game on a different hard drive, but ended up having to get a new hard drive. So I took all of my files (including the game) and transferred them to an external and then onto my new hard drive. Problem though is now if I try to save my progress I get the what is on the image below. If I make a new game and transfer all my files except the saves and game. I get a new unable to write file problem on save. Any ideas on what I can do?

Unabletowritefile.png
[doublepost=1484684138,1484194200][/doublepost]Sorry for the double post, but have yet to figure this out. If someone knows what up or knows another place I could ask, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hellviper

Villager
Xy$
Check the properties of the files. See if they are somehow set to read only. That could be what's causing the issue.
That worked, thanks a lot bro! Had no idea what was wrong for so long, and couldn't find it online either.

Crazy how simple the solution to the problem was. Again thanks a ton!