Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um...Hi?

Drkvixn

Villager
Xy$
...Hello fellow RPG makers!

I'm new here (to both the site and RPG Maker) and just though I'd say hi.

I'll admit learning to use all the little bits and pieces in MV is quite the challenge (finally learned today how to do some Parallax mapping! Yay me!). Still I'm enjoying learning about it and am keeping myself entertained with some resource design while I explore the ins and outs of the program.

...Yeah... that's it. Wish me luck!

(pumpkin) (Oh my god it's so cute!!!!)

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Hey Drkvixn! I'm Cate, nice to meet you.

I was just doing some parallaxing myself. Have you seen Fallen Lorelei's tutorial? That helped me a lot. Best of luck as you get going. I don't have the most RPG Maker experience myself, but am trying to learn all I can.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hi @Drkvixn! *roars*

It's tough to figure out some things in RPG Maker at first, but it's not too difficult after a while! Heck, most people have a lot of trouble parallax mapping, so it's great that you're starting to figure that out. I hope you have fun learning about the program with the rest of us, and I look forward to seeing what kinds of resources you come up with! :)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @Drkvixn , and welcome to the forums. Already doing parallax mapping that is awesome. MV is fun to learn, and there is always something new to learn about it.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hey drk! welcome to the forum~ hope to see some of your stuff in the future! enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions im sure someone here has the answer!

Drkvixn

Villager
Xy$
Wow, thanks everyone, it's nice to meet all of you!
Everybody here is so nice. =)

Anything to do with the art side of things is going to be the easier one for me. XD I'm used to using image editing software and drawing so they come naturally now. It's the technical side of things that are going to be the most...interesting to work with.
[doublepost=1451982670,1451982527][/doublepost]
Hey Drkvixn! I'm Cate, nice to meet you.

I was just doing some parallaxing myself. Have you seen Fallen Lorelei's tutorial? That helped me a lot. Best of luck as you get going. I don't have the most RPG Maker experience myself, but am trying to learn all I can.
And thanks for the heads up! I hadn't actually seen Fall Lorelei's tutorials before, which would have been sad for me because they seem really helpful so far. =)

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
...Hello fellow RPG makers!

I'm new here (to both the site and RPG Maker) and just though I'd say hi.

I'll admit learning to use all the little bits and pieces in MV is quite the challenge (finally learned today how to do some Parallax mapping! Yay me!). Still I'm enjoying learning about it and am keeping myself entertained with some resource design while I explore the ins and outs of the program.

...Yeah... that's it. Wish me luck!

(pumpkin) (Oh my god it's so cute!!!!)
Yay! Parallax Mapping! For awhile that was the only thing I could do graphics wise. Also I'm just recently trying to make some icons for everyone to use. Anyways Welcome to the Forums!

Drkvixn

Villager
Xy$
Yay! Parallax Mapping! For awhile that was the only thing I could do graphics wise. Also I'm just recently trying to make some icons for everyone to use. Anyways Welcome to the Forums!
Cool! I want to try my hand at icons at some point. It's another thing that hasn't been shared a lot so making your own is almost the only option aside from using the default or the ones resized from VX Ace.