Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type One 2018 Exciting Update!

iblamevictoria

Towns Guard
It looks fun. I'd definitely have a go at it if it comes out. I think that there aren't enough sci-fi RPG's that embrace that sort of genre (as you might be able to tell from my profile pic. My game's a little less about space, but that's beside the point.)

What sort of plot are you planning to have (or already have)?

And are you using any sort of plugins to mix things up? I assume you are, considering the game play.

MrClicks

Villager
Xy$
Thanks for taking a look. So far the only plugins have to do with the way things look in menus and how I can manipulate the characters. I have just scripted the things I want to do because there have not been any plugins for what I want to do. Managing cargo on your ship was a big one took me a while to figure that one out. Still deciding on how big I will make the universe. It is a very good story, I think, about the pros and cons of humanity racing towards become a Type One civilization. Multiple Weapons, figuring out the animations on them, there are quite a few. I do want to spice up the battles a bit so I will be working on that. The ships are coming a long pretty well. Different weapons to buy at space stations, engines, shields, etc. Its been a lot to do, But I love every minute! The biggest problem is RPG maker is not the most space friendly so I have had to make quite a bit using Daz Studio 3D and Photoshop for the ships weapons planets, space stations, and other spacely etc. I have developed a good story and I think that is what really makes a good RPG. the bells and whistles are extra.

Last edited:

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The best program I've found for recording the screen is OBS Studio.
It's the program you use to stream videos on Twitch or Youtube Streaming. It has a screen recording feature that works great for me.

MrClicks

Villager
Xy$
I just downloaded it. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
[doublepost=1514271938,1479853708][/doublepost]I didnt use the OBS for this one I used the nvidia video capture.

I'm looking for some honest feedback. So far I have received some comments and although Its only playable somewhere around three hours I just want to find out if I'm going in the right direction. I am inspired by the Mass Effect series of games so there is quite a lot of
storytelling. Especially in the beginning. Thanks for your feedback.

I have made some significant changes and progress. Pushing forward.

Last edited:

Lightcycler

Villager
Xy$
I really like the unique feel of this game. The art style is nice and I think this game has real potential. The battles do feel a bit slow-paced to me, (though I'm biased toward fast battle styles), and I noticed the UES Kalleigh has a slight jumping victory animation :3

Overall, subscribed to thread! Keep it up :D

MrClicks

Villager
Xy$
Thanks, it is meant to start off slow and as the game progresses, skill type actions are added. Thanks for taking a look. Yes the battles are not the jumping around the screen slashing type of battles, everyone does that, right.

MrClicks

Villager
Xy$
I have just uploaded the latest version. I have made a lot of changes. The victory animation was intentional on the Kalleigh.

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Really well done! It's great to see what other people can do with MV... Kinda envious of everyone at the moment :D Definitely one to watch out for!!