Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trumully's Moderator Campaign 2: The Election Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Trumully for Mod.png
Trumully for Mod!
Hello! I am Trumully, and I have been given a 2nd chance at applying for mod!

What can I offer?
I think I can offer as a great mod as I follow the rule and re-enforce them if people aren't following them. I've also been signed up to this forum for a while as well, so I know how it works and I have a bit of an experience with the forum. I'm friendly, and I also like to help people out whenever I can. I think also that I am capable of taking the responsibility of being a mod because I'm responsible, and wouldn't think of abusing/exploiting my powers as a mod.

What would I do as Mod?
What I think I would do as mod would be bringing our community closer to each other where we all can be friends and we have our fair say about how things run and would be open to changes that could be changed. Even though this is already in place, I think I could empower our community, but it would take time to have an affect.

Conclusion
In conclusion, I think I offer many things and what I would do as mod could really have a positive affect on the forum as a whole. I can't wait for your guy's opinions and questions. I'm ready to answer them!​

Last edited:

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
#TeamTrumully returns! (right)

> What do you think is more important: being taken seriously as a staff member, or being able to hang around with other users?

> What would be your first steps towards empowering and bringing our community together, like you mentioned above?

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
To be honest, I don't know you at all so it's hard to ask specific questions. You don't seem to be very active from what I've seen, although the existing Staff seems to know you well. Would you post more as moderator?

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Phew! I just woke up and now I have all these questions to answer!

How did you feel after the first campaign?
I felt that I had a low chance of winning, as there were other people that seemed to better suit the role of mod at the time.
> What do you think is more important: being taken seriously as a staff member, or being able to hang around with other users?
I think being taken seriously would be more important in my books, as I hang around with other users anyway when I'm not a mod.
> What would be your first steps towards empowering and bringing our community together, like you mentioned above?
I'm not so sure about what my first steps would be. I feel that might be a big task as it is a big community, so maybe I'm thinking too big and thinking to big of myself for that task.
#TeamTrumully returns! (right)
(cute)
To be honest, I don't know you at all so it's hard to ask specific questions. You don't seem to be very active from what I've seen, although the existing Staff seems to know you well. Would you post more as moderator?
Yes. I would do my best to be involved in the community as much as possible, and the reason why the staff now me so well was because I was one of the early members and posted a lot when I was new. But then I ended up getting busy and didn't really post much since Christmas.
Why is your title Procrastinator, yet your mood is not Procrastinator? XD
I guess you could say I procrastinated doing that. Ehehehehe.
How would you handling warning a fellow moderator or administrator?
I would probably treat them the same as members, as it wouldn't be fair to the other members that I wouldn't warn them or be more flexible than normal members. So, I'd just treat staff and members the same.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
If you were to see two forum member's in a heated argument, but both of them were "right" how would you calm down the situation?

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
How would you handle mod hate? Supposing some members don't think you're able to do your job. Supposing you caught wind of that, whether out of or IN the forums. These members are simply stating their opinions without breaking rules. No other mod or admin has taken action against the member(s).

How would you handle this situation?

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
Q: If you acted reasonably against a member (Gave the appropriate punishment) and then the user started complaining (wrongly) that they were being treated unfairly and that they didn't do anything wrong, what would you do?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
> A member is obviously angry with you, but is very passive-aggressive about it over the forums. None of their posts look mean/angry to other users or staff members, however. What do you do to resolve this?

> Rank these in order of importance (as they apply to this forum), and explain your reasoning: greeting members, following rules, keeping active, participating in events. I won’t accept an answer of “all are equally important”, however, you can explain to me why you think they should or should not be.

> A member starts hijacking a thread with their own questions and ideas - what do you do, and how?

> A member goes off into an off-topic tangent, but makes one relevant comment at the bottom of their post. How do you respond to this?

> A member keeps typing in ALL CAPS or 1337 5p34k, and members are starting to complain. What do you do, and how?

> A member is obviously responding to several posts just to up their post count, but their posts aren’t technically spam. How do you respond to this?

> You find out that some members are saying nasty things about you over IM. What do you do about this?

> You notice that an RT member isn’t being very friendly, but is still submitting their work on time. At what point do you contact their team leader with your concerns?

> What do you do to help a member who speaks very little English?

> BONUS: What is my favorite dinosaur? Note: I honestly don’t remember if you can find this information on the forum.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
What? You thought I was done with just one list?

> Under what circumstances would you ban a member instantly?

> You’re unsure of how many warning points to assign a member. What do you do?

> Do you think you will have any problems giving out a warn or ban? It’s easy to say you’ll do it, but will you have any hesitation?

> You realize you’ve given out an undeserved punishment. What steps would you take to resolve this?

> You notice an issue on the forum, but neither of the admins are available to fix it. What do you do?

> You and another staff member disagree on how to interpret a rule. How and where do you discuss this?

> How will you prioritize looking through the forum? Will you look at everything, or try and focus on one section?

> You ask 2 members to take a discussion into PM, but they refuse, and direct their anger at you. What happens next?

> You find that a banned member comes back with an alternate account, but they’re following the rules now. What do you do?

> BONUS: Name 3 of my 5 favorite animals. :)

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hello Trumully! Good luck with your campaign :)

Here is a question from me : As a mod, what would you do to make rmmv a livelier and more fun place to be?

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
What?! I come back from working on something and then all these questions come?! Alright, time to answer.
If you were to see two forum member's in a heated argument, but both of them were "right" how would you calm down the situation?
I would probably tell them that they're both totally right and just tell them that the argument is pointless (depending on what sort of subject the argument was about)
How would you handle mod hate? Supposing some members don't think you're able to do your job. Supposing you caught wind of that, whether out of or IN the forums. These members are simply stating their opinions without breaking rules. No other mod or admin has taken action against the member(s).

How would you handle this situation?
I would tell the member(s) that I'm open to opinion about how I'd operate and I would ask them what I should change and why.
Q: If you acted reasonably against a member (Gave the appropriate punishment) and then the user started complaining (wrongly) that they were being treated unfairly and that they didn't do anything wrong, what would you do?
I would ask the member why or how I've treated him unfairly and reason with him. I would also ask why they thought they didn't do anything wrong, and maybe ask him to read the rules just so they know what and what not to do.
> A member is obviously angry with you, but is very passive-aggressive about it over the forums. None of their posts look mean/angry to other users or staff members, however. What do you do to resolve this?
I would take action by first asking him why is he angry at me. Have I done something wrong? Something the member doesn't agree with? And try to take a calm approach and try to talk things out and resolve the problem.
> Rank these in order of importance (as they apply to this forum), and explain your reasoning: greeting members, following rules, keeping active, participating in events. I won’t accept an answer of “all are equally important”, however, you can explain to me why you think they should or should not be.
You mean being a mod? Or the forums in general? If you mean being a mod, here is this list:
1) Following rules is important because you need to be a role model to the other members and even staff, to prove that you can take up the responsibility of mod.
2) Being active is also important because you need to be able to communicate with the staff and also with the members as well, so you know the community more.
3) Greeting members. Same thing with being active, it's being able to communicate with other members and you might know the community better.
4) Participating in events isn't as very crucial and important as the rest but participating in events is still important anyways because it means you become a big part in the community (used that word a lot (snicker))
> A member starts hijacking a thread with their own questions and ideas - what do you do, and how?
I don't really understand this one. Can you explain more? Sorry, brain is dying from all the questions.
> A member goes off into an off-topic tangent, but makes one relevant comment at the bottom of their post. How do you respond to this?
I would advise them to derail their off-topic topic (that sounds weird) onto an off-topic area, as posting comments irrelevant to the topic of a thread is against the rules.
> A member keeps typing in ALL CAPS or 1337 5p34k, and members are starting to complain. What do you do, and how?
I would take action by advising the person not to type in ALL CAPS or 1337 5p34k, as it is not tolerated and also, 1337 5p34k is a language other than english, so that's against the rules.
> A member is obviously responding to several posts just to up their post count, but their posts aren’t technically spam. How do you respond to this?
I wouldn't consider this spam, as the member isn't double posting on the same thread, but if he was posting on old threads, that would be necro-posting which is against the rules of the forum so I'd warn the member to not post on old threads that no longer provide any valuable discussion.
> You find out that some members are saying nasty things about you over IM. What do you do about this?
I would tell them that talking behind anyone's back is not cool and probably think nothing of it myself (though I do tend to feel depressed, it has happened to me before). Sorry, my answers are getting worse and lesser, the more my brain dissipates.
> You notice that an RT member isn’t being very friendly, but is still submitting their work on time. At what point do you contact their team leader with your concerns?
If it happens once, I would warn them that they are not being friendly but if it happens a few more times, I would contact their team leader and if it gets further out of hand, I would contact an Administrator on the situation.
> What do you do to help a member who speaks very little English?
I would do my best to be patient and calm and speak basic english to them, to give them a basic understanding of the forum and english.
> BONUS: What is my favorite dinosaur? Note: I honestly don’t remember if you can find this information on the forum.
Brontosaurus.
Great taste in dinosaurs you've got there! Brontosaurus is my favorite as well ^_^
What? You thought I was done with just one list?
Save me.
> Under what circumstances would you ban a member instantly?
If they were rude to everyone, vandalised the forum and maybe the wiki with spam posts and threads, and just in general didn't follow the rules whatsoever.
> You’re unsure of how many warning points to assign a member. What do you do?
I would ask how many warning points other admins and mods assign to members and get an idea of a fair amount of warning points.
> Do you think you will have any problems giving out a warn or ban? It’s easy to say you’ll do it, but will you have any hesitation?
I would naturally give out warnings without hesitation, but it's the banning process where I think twice. I get a sense of guilt and hesitation whenever I ban someone (I remember running a server on Minecraft, and I was hesitant to ban anyone), but I tell myself that I got to do it, and it's not for my personal gain, but it's for the forum or server or whatever it is I'm on.
> You realize you’ve given out an undeserved punishment. What steps would you take to resolve this?
I would apologise to the member that was given an undeserved punishment, and do my best to make them feel better.

Sorry guys, my brain is dead at the moment so I might need to take a break from answering the questions for now and move onto something else. I'll see you guys soon!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I missed your thread when I had my rounds of questions, I'm not letting you get off that easy.

What is your daily schedule like?
I'm not looking for the small details, more like, current job hours per day, music making hours, game dev hours, Resource team hours, etc etc. I would like to know what the "mod to be" day is filled with, it will be nice to see how much time can be truly dedicated to the community.

Another question related to previous one.

What is the priority you have for your schedule?
Now most people will obviously say, your real life job is #1 priority, and it should be, but after that, how do you like to prioritize everything else on your schedule, is it random, or do you do it the same everyday.

Now if you become a moderator, how will you prioritize your schedule?

Now for a bit of fun. I want to see a general PM you would make to a member. A rule has been broken, lets pick rule #1, it has been broken by a member and now you need to PM them letting them know the rule was broken. Let us see it (cheeky)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A seldom noticed forum member has gone beyond the call of duty. Please give us an example PM of what you might send them.

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
A member starts to act like a mini mod. (Telling people what to do) It starts to annoy other people but nobody's complained about her. It's clear she's being out of line but no rules are broken. What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.