Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading Card Game Help

Key

Villager
Xy$
Hey there!

I was hoping to make a game similar to the Yu-gi-oh Tag Force series. Your character attends school and has classic life events that you must play through while also building a deck of cards to battle others with. Obviously there will be a story and multiple side missions to make extra cash or earn rare cards too. But my main issue is creating the card/ battle system. I can use all of my current MV knowledge to make the world you play in and all the missions and story aspects, however I am unsure on how to program a card battling system or how to make/add cards or buy randomized packs.
Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I am unsure on how to program a card battling system or how to make/add cards or buy randomized packs.
Found this:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/stv-plugins-stv_monstercards.80301/

Sooo I made a you a demo that is more on track for what you need...
STV_MonsterCards (Demo): Click here to View

In the demo...
...Use the left switch to view/get cards and setup the deck.
...Use the right switch to trade/battle.

All the battle is as of right now is pick 1 random card from the deck and uses the actor id to set the party to just the card/actor id selected. Then battles a Slime then returns to the player after the battle.

Still a long way to go to the full system you need but it's a start.

Let me know how it goes. (cool)

I'm willing to work further on this or possibly be commissioned to developing a custom card/battle plugin if needed.

Last edited:

Key

Villager
Xy$
The STV plugin has helped so far with the making of cards and managing them into decks and whatnot

However that plugin was never finished and still doesn't have a battle system (unsee)

Unfortunately I'm not the greatest programmer, so I wouldn't even know where to start when making a card battle system
[doublepost=1548758736,1548758109][/doublepost]I appreciate the demo, but the battle system is nothing like how I want. I'd like a system in which you draw cards, play them on the field, and can choose to attack an opponent's cards or them directly if they are out of cards, similar to yugioh or MTG. I'd be willing to discuss a commission, but I would need to know exactly what you think you could do and possibly see some of your past work?

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
The STV plugin has helped so far with the making of cards and managing them into decks and whatnot

However that plugin was never finished and still doesn't have a battle system (unsee)

Unfortunately I'm not the greatest programmer, so I wouldn't even know where to start when making a card battle system
[doublepost=1548758736,1548758109][/doublepost]I appreciate the demo, but the battle system is nothing like how I want. I'd like a system in which you draw cards, play them on the field, and can choose to attack an opponent's cards or them directly if they are out of cards, similar to yugioh or MTG. I'd be willing to discuss a commission, but I would need to know exactly what you think you could do and possibly see some of your past work?
Yeah I know the battle system isn't as you need. Thought I had mentiond that above... oh well... anyways it was just a start to show what could be potentially done with STV_MonsterCards.

It's been a loooong time since I played Yu-Gi-Oh though, soooo I might need to google a few things...

I imagine what I code would be a plugin that is similar to STV (or perhaps addon/mod). The cards would then have properties such as the ones used in Yu-Gi-Oh... cardName, attack, defence, description, stars, type, etc.

Then I would write a whole new Scene for the Card Battles (Scenes are like Map,Battle, Etc.)

The Scene would then play out like Yu-Gi-Oh Card Battle as you described above... I'll have to refresh myself on how it plays though.

Would you like me to start working on a such a plugin?
...Sounds kind of like a fun challenge.

Anyways... as previous work...
Check My Resources Here: https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/authors/ct_bolt.696/
My helpful/answered posts Here: https://rpgmakermv.co/search/8946814/
Google myself... just to see what came up... https://www.google.com/search?q="ct_bolt"+rpgmaker+mv
[doublepost=1548987153][/doublepost]Edit:
Decided I will attempt to write my own Monster Card System Plugin, will post under resources for sale when/if complete.
I might post updates in the resources under development section... stay tuned.

upload_2019-1-31_21-9-9.pngupload_2019-1-31_21-41-15.png
upload_2019-1-31_22-11-36.pngupload_2019-1-31_22-26-8.png

We shall see how this goes. Wish me luck, fingers crossed. lol (joking)(cute)

Last edited: