Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Title Screen: Uncyphered Graphiti

Title Screen: Uncyphered Graphiti 2016-01-06

No permission to download

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
Yeah... Please don't do that to text or typefaces... ever.

That's like.... the biggest sin in Graphic Design.

(tears)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah... Please don't do that to text or typefaces... ever.

That's like.... the biggest sin in Graphic Design.

(tears)
Thanks for the critiquing. You have not seen the trains and buildings that I have seen then. There is no conformance in graffiti, that is why it is not spelled correctly. No typefaces nor fonts were used. None of it was even typed. One is not even a word. To Cypher is to figure out. It is a puzzle, an enigma.

Chibae

Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca
these are games, not building or trains. It don't look nice when used on title-screens or game-overs or anything at all. and YES I HAVE SEEN ON TRAINS AND BUILDINGS. I never liked them. But for games i would prefer normal words and not graffiti. these title screens to me, don't look at all that nice, I am sorry, but i am saying how it is. it just looks like u just threw paint on there and say 'yeah that looks alright'. sorry dude.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@EvilChibi , thanks for the constructive critiquing. There is nothing to be sorry about. I botched up a fitting Happy Birthday, day did not even fit, so I just attacked the screen. Then I put in a Pi symbol and disfigured it. It was just sitting there for a long time doing nothing, and then I pressed the Resource button. People that care for the industry of RPG games let others no when something is not only bad, but very bad. You and @Iron Croc have done me a very great service. I appreciate you and thanks. (heart)

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
You have not seen the trains and buildings that I have seen then.
Riiiight, because living in Los Angeles, I haven't seen graffiti at all. (wink)

Soooo...
If you disagree with a criticism, that's your right. But seemingly rejecting feedback or criticism (Or telling someone that they don't know real grafitti when they see it; it IS an art form)... doesn't exactly help you any...

Now. Again, I say that:
after having taken graphic design classes for almost two years, I know enough to be able to spot modified typeface. It's painfully obvious that you simply smudged and blurred out letters. (typefaces = font)

If I didn't give a hell, I wouldn't be pointing out what needs work and why... (smile)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Iron Croc , again I repeat, "You and @Iron Croc have done me a very great service. I appreciate you and thanks. (heart)" right above your reply. I began by Thanking you for the critiquing. I do apologize for the "You have not seen the trains and buildings that I have seen then."; that was not called for. The Happy, Birth, and π were done by using the paint brush in GIMP; it is not modified typeface/font. It is modified bad mouse drawn lettering. I have already sent @Amysaurus a message, before your last reply, that this title screen can be used as an example of what not to do, in art tutorials and discussions.

Again I apologize for it appearing that I was taking your education and experience serious. Your critiquing is well taken, and I will stay with my other styles.