Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Engine

Time Engine 1.3.1

No permission to download

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
LTN Games submitted a new resource:

Time Engine - A simple but powerful time engine for your game.

Time Engine

What does this plugin do?
This plugin will give your game a time system. It allows for you to have months, days, weeks and of course time. It will provide you with a clock(HUD) to be used on the map, during battle or in the menu. This plugin will have add-ons including a day and night cycle plugin and time control/travel plugin.

Game...
Read more about this resource...

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I haven't had a chance to test this bad boy out. However, is there a way to make it so during x-x months is one season, and have 1 map displayed. For example, October-February or something Display a "Winter" Map, of for example my town. And then once it hits March-September it shows the regular town map?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I haven't had a chance to test this bad boy out. However, is there a way to make it so during x-x months is one season, and have 1 map displayed. For example, October-February or something Display a "Winter" Map, of for example my town. And then once it hits March-September it shows the regular town map?
This would require a bit of work on your part, in a sense. I would have to think about other possibilities but the current way would be to have more than one tileset setup in such a way that when you switch tilesets with the event command "Change Tileset" it will change to a winter tileset and the map changes accordingly. Other than that I will think about another way of achieving this and create an add-on plugin for the TimeEngine if it's possible.
There will be add-ons for this plugin in the next few weeks, including a day and night cycle add-on and my time travel add-on, if I can think of a different way to achieve what you're looking to do, I will create an add-on.
[doublepost=1472687014,1472686254][/doublepost]Just letting everyone know that there is a bug currently for the plugin command 'TE Pause', well not really a bug, I just forgot to add that functionality lol. The next update will have this fixed but I will not be updating until I work on my core plugin a bit more and get it all tidied up. Until next time.

hbn

Towns Guard
Xy$
Sweet work. Especially to have customisable days and months for custom calendar systems.

For story reasons, is there a way to take control of the time using events, so you set it up for a party to arrive at a place at dusk?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
For story reasons, is there a way to take control of the time using events, so you set it up for a party to arrive at a place at dusk?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean but at the moment you can change the time manually using a plugin command, which allows you to set the time and the date.

hbn

Towns Guard
Xy$
Tab seems to lock my keyboard in game rather than close the clock. Not sure if it's a conflict or this plugin. Clock works fine though.

Now, if there was a way to make a day/night cycle and seasons. Day/night cycle could just use tint screen feature and use events to control character stuff.

All my months have 23 days, do I have to enter it for each month or can I just have one entry say 23?

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Hey everyone, ill look into your current bugs/issues for the next update and hopefully it will be released tonight. I have already added a few extra features and plan on writing a bit more detailed documentation as there are plenty of things which can be achieved with this plugin which is hidden.
Now, if there was a way to make a day/night cycle and seasons. Day/night cycle could just use tint screen feature and use events to control character stuff.
The day night cycle add-on is already 80% done, just got to add a few extra features and a quick bug hunt.
All my months have 23 days, do I have to enter it for each month or can I just have one entry say 23?
You are supposed to enter in days in a month for each month,but ill look into a way of allowing one number for all months.
[doublepost=1472740660,1472740097][/doublepost]
Where does this happen? Also could you show me the console?

Tab seems to lock my keyboard in game rather than close the clock. Not sure if it's a conflict or this plugin. Clock works fine though.
Have you tried switching keys in the parameters?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
That is awesome, I am most excited for the day and night cycle,
it is doable with events, but if it's already a plugin, it will be a time saver.
When I first created this plugin I was going to skip the day and night altogether because It's easily doable with variables but then I remembered the easier it for developers the better, which is why I made it an add-on and not part of the official Time Engine.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Where does this happen? Also could you show me the console?
It gives me that on startup. Also, I haven't messed with rmmv since prior to my deployment, more than a year ago. So, I kind of forgot how to get to the console lol.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
It gives me that on startup. Also, I haven't messed with rmmv since prior to my deployment, more than a year ago. So, I kind of forgot how to get to the console lol.
Hmmm weird for it to happen on startup is my core plugin above the time engine in the plugin manager? You can open console by pressing f8. Or if you use my core you can use the open console on boot parameter.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
upload_2016-9-1_13-43-47.png

upload_2016-9-1_13-44-0.png

The core is above the plugin. Also, here is the picture for the console. As well as the text:

Code:
pixi.js:20096
    Pixi.js 4.0.0 - ✰ WebGL ✰      http://www.pixijs.com/    ♥♥♥

rpg_managers.js:1756 TypeError: Cannot read property 'updateTime' of undefined
    at Scene_Boot.Scene_Base.update (/C:/Users/Chaun/Documents/Games/Camstratia/js/plugins/LTN_TimeEngine.js:356)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1829)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)
Edit: I lowered the time below the core. And now the game loads, however, no clock/date/time/ etc. is showing up.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
View attachment 4456
Edit: I lowered the time below the core. And now the game loads, however, no clock/date/time/ etc. is showing up.
This is really weird, I started a brand new project and installed my plugins and all seem to work right away but this may be because I've recently been updating it and doing some random tidying up. I'll say wait for me to update the plugin sometime tonight and try the newer version and see if it help at all. Or better yet I'll send you a PM with the current dev version and you can try it out before I release it.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
This is really weird, I started a brand new project and installed my plugins and all seem to work right away but this may be because I've recently been updating it and doing some random tidying up. I'll say wait for me to update the plugin sometime tonight and try the newer version and see if it help at all. Or better yet I'll send you a PM with the current dev version and you can try it out before I release it.
Sounds good :) This is currently a new game as well. I literally had to start from scratch and the first picture I sent you was a fresh new game.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
LTN Games updated Time Engine with a new update entry:

Additions & Fixes

Fixed game breaking bug with update function

Added in parameter options for changing, minutes in an hour, and hours in a day.

Added plugin command [TE Pause], for pausing the time wherever needed, like cutscenes.

Added plugin command to setup in-game variables to store the game time. You can now access the current time via variables for your own systems and mechanics. Useful for setting up events with time limits, etc.

Updated documentation.
Read the rest of this update entry...