Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Monkey thinks he arteh.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!

Greetings you huge nerds, and welcome-- to Biz's Arty thread thing!

Over the years I've grown artistically, and since it can be quite a task to sift through the RATHER LARGE AND UNFORGIVABLY BULKY deviant art account, I decided I'd cherry pick some of the best art I've made on a year-by-year basis and show you fellas in one collected place.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like how you aren't afraid to try a full piece. A lot of hobby digital artists never do finished pieces with backgrounds and everything, but not you. That's really good because it lets you push your boundaries.

I like the ones from this year a lot. My favorite is the very bottom right. Keep it up!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Thanks all a bunch for the compliments, I apologize i didn't get to them sooner, have school on wednesday, thursday and friday!

I'll be here all weekend and monday/tuesday, though!

I like how you aren't afraid to try a full piece. A lot of hobby digital artists never do finished pieces with backgrounds and everything, but not you. That's really good because it lets you push your boundaries.
I art without fear, I just love doing it, I don't create it to impress anyone or earn / win anything. It's typically how I procrastinate. I just knock out whole pieces, start on new ones and never touch them again! (Sometimes I do remaster them, though!)

I like the ones from this year a lot. My favorite is the very bottom right. Keep it up!
This year has been particularly fruitful, I think this one is my personal favorite.

For me it has a lot of significance as a piece, since it depicts a scene in one of my games in a much more macabre and sad nature than the game does.

(I ain't a bad artist on paper though.)
I'm pretty good at that too!
Fan Drawing I did of Kanaya for a friend.
http://i.imgur.com/9dHXRYq.png

Me as the comical monkey persona I am known as. Cartoon shenanigans abound.
http://i.imgur.com/5ODABvz.png

Esperia being scary.
http://i.imgur.com/fK63PNF.jpg

Esperia being more scary. (Also this is probably my best traditional piece by a long margin.
http://i.imgur.com/CFekYLk.png

Last edited:

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Thanks all a bunch for the compliments, I apologize i didn't get to them sooner, have school on wednesday, thursday and friday!

I'll be here all weekend and monday/tuesday, though!

I art without fear, I just love doing it, I don't create it to impress anyone or earn / win anything. It's typically how I procrastinate. I just knock out whole pieces, start on new ones and never touch them again! (Sometimes I do remaster them, though!)

This year has been particularly fruitful, I think this one is my personal favorite.

For me it has a lot of significance as a piece, since it depicts a scene in one of my games in a much more macabre and sad nature than the game does.

I'm pretty good at that too!
Fan Drawing I did of Kanaya for a friend.
http://i.imgur.com/9dHXRYq.png

Me as the comical monkey persona I am known as. Cartoon shenanigans abound.
http://i.imgur.com/5ODABvz.png

Esperia being scary.
http://i.imgur.com/fK63PNF.jpg

Esperia being more scary. (Also this is probably my best traditional piece by a long margin.
http://i.imgur.com/CFekYLk.png
Nope. I fold. Your work is SO much better than mine. Looks so much nicer! Mine is a stickman compared to yours. :D

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Nope. I fold. Your work is SO much better than mine. Looks so much nicer! Mine is a stickman compared to yours. :D
No need to be so modest, I've also been at this for over twelve years. I once thought like you, that people who could art like I do now are just wizards, but then I found the power to believe in myself, that and practise is all it takes.

Be ambitious, stay hungry. You'll never be happier with yourself.

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
No need to be so modest, I've also been at this for over twelve years. I once thought like you, that people who could art like I do now are just wizards, but then I found the power to believe in myself, that and practise is all it takes.

Be ambitious, stay hungry. You'll never be happier with yourself.
Eh, guess I need a staff and then I think I'll be good. I need to practice. I've only have done 5 years worth of paper drawing: 2 years of average 1 year of better and another 2 years worth of actually good drawing on paper. Thanks for the encouragement Bizzaro. Can I call you that?

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Certainly! Biz is easier but I have no problems with Bizarro. Some people call me Bizmo, others monkey, ultimately I don't care what I'm called.

Also, this was a style I was trying out.

It'd be for a new game should I make it.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Wahhh! I commented on this a while ago I thought. Anyway, I like them. Great work on them, and hope you keep on making some more to share :D

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
You are offically on my artist to contact in near future list, just saying :)
I don't typically do requests, but if I find what you suggest interesting enough I'd be down.

The monotone drawing is very artistic ^^
It threatens to drown me under the weight of its pretentiousness.

Wahhh! I commented on this a while ago I thought. Anyway, I like them. Great work on them, and hope you keep on making some more to share :D
Oh I will! Basically whenever I can I'll art. It's dear to me as Dixxy was to Lee.

I also love writing, I'll probably make a separate thread for that.

So new piece you say? You goddit boss!

Last edited:

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
I don't typically do requests, but if I find what you suggest interesting enough I'd be down.

It threatens to drown me under the weight of its pretentiousness.

Oh I will! Basically whenever I can I'll art. It's dear to me as Dixxy was to Lee.

I also love writing, I'll probably make a separate thread for that.

So new piece you say? You goddit boss!
Woah, looks awesome! Looks great, Bizzaro!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Thanks all! Again, if I don't reply, it's not because I haven't seen your responses, just want to have some new stuff to show, and now, I do!
Demoness Eyes

Yeah I had wayyyy too much fun with this one. Trying out a new technique for the eyes and all was very therapeutic.

In fact I liked it enough to show the Horror within, too.

This is Esperia in kill-mode. Hell, with eyes like that she could probably burn a hole right through ya.

Last edited:

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
She's creepy as hell :D

Was she an fallen angel or a demon?
She's a demoness, never been much of an Angel, though the way said things work in the Biztopian Universe is a little different to how they are drafted to work in the typical heaven vs hell scenario, technically, all the three afterlives are aligned, but incredibly different. Each serves a valuable purpose to the universe.

I actually feel like going into it, but I'll make it as abridged as I can.
When a mortal dies, they awake at a Limbo called the "Ascendants Tribunal', there, the demigods Galdath, Seradath and Bubbles await them.

Galdath offers them the route of Galvana, if they like doing good by people, or have friends they'd seek to serve even in death, then such people, those who would give for others, typically go to Galvana. Which is the closest equivalent to heaven.

Seradath offers them the route of Heldath, which quite obviously is the closest thing to Hell, except it's role isn't to provide suffering to the criminal, more give the criminal a purpose and use beyond the grave. Those who are out for themselves, typically at the expense of others, are more suited to Heldath.

The idea of these two worlds isn't to house the deceased, but to serve as a way point from mortality to immortality. Esperia is clearly Heldathian, and is one of the highest ranking members of it's spectrum, even before ascending to a Dark Serazai.

Galvana focuses on making the lives of mortals happy, and typically targets for Galvanians are those in need, and many times Guardian angels live among mortals completely unknown to be dead. For this reason, most enhancements to their form such as the wings or markings, can be dispelled and resummoned on a whim.

Hel'dath is based on personal happiness, even at the expense of mortals, and Soulcatchers are by far the most infamous for bringing suffering to the mortal races, usually completely unknown to be dead, much like Galvanians, any Heldathian can be killed if given enough of a beating, but it only takes a short amount of time for them to resurface, and more powerful Heldathians like Esperia can be back on the field of play in only a few days.

Now understanding Heldath and Galvana's purpose, it's important we delve into the Necropolis as well. The Necropolis is the middle ground, and typically those who dwell in the Necropolis are those with no real reason to return to the world of the living, and just partake in whatever way of hedonism they can think of, for a lot of Necropolitans, this is in parties and social outings. But some take to more pensive or exploration-based roles, some join the ventures of others to see the sights of the mortal universe, Sod of Captain Crikey's Crew or Bonesworth of Saarkrell's legion are good examples.

Any of these characters may live among mortals, and may never be seen as oddities. Esperia was thought to be an old one by the mammal populace of earth for decades, until she was exposed by a red cat, who funnily enough, was also part demon due to his heritage.

The afterlives are also interlinked, and visits between them are hardly uncommon, and very rarely violent or nasty. Galdath being the closest thing to what mortals refer to as 'God' is pretty carefree, and morally ambiguous, much alike his brother, who is the closest thing the games have to Satan.

Meanwhile, Bubbles, the caretaker of the Necropolis (and more or less the grim reaper) is an easy going adviser to the damned and their interests, with an erratic mood spectrum.

The ideals that these figures are good or evil by mortal standards is something the triumvirate is completely apathetic too. One of a destructive nature and one of a restorative nature are just as useful in the long term of the universe. Heldathian agents are commonly given tasks to depopulate certain bodies of mortals, while Galvana is the inverse, and is typically based on re-population. Where as the Necropolis is more of a final resting place for those who don't feel comfortable with either alignment.