Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The plot (and other things) for my new project

Hey guys. First post so please be gentle, or blunt, either work. :)

Anyway, I have come up with the idea of a world in 1965 in an alternate universe wherein the Japanese never surrendered and they continued to fight on, getting nuked time and time again to create a nuclear wasteland (Akin to Fallout, minus super advanced tech).
Throughout the wasteland, there are a number of clans which have popped up (akin to the Sengoku Jidai period of Japan), and there are both major variants, and minor variants. This includes a clan which essentially serves as the representative of the heavily divided country.

The main combat I want to revolve around heavy combo-focus, implemented through a card-based system like in Slay the Spire. I haven't fleshed out the details yet, since I haven't had the chance to look at the code of MV to properly understand it all. I do however, know that I want some cards to have a higher 'combo number' on them, which signifies the minimal consecutive combo-attacks made in order to use them, as well as combo-finishers which will tend to have an especially high damage number, but resets the combo counter. Use of items (which include the only way to heal yourself) will also reset the combo counter.

Any opinions on the plot or battle system, or any tips on how I could implement such a type of battle system? I am relatively new to RPG Maker MV, but I've worked with JavaScript for a decent time.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
I can't recall the name of it, but I've seen card systems implemented in RMMV. I'm sure you can find some if you search. That will likely get your halfway there. If you have experience with Javascript then you'll have no problem tweaking it to get what you want out of it. Sounds like a cool game concept btw!