Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The House on Oddity Hill

LoreMaster

Villager
Xy$
Hello, all! I've been working on getting this game planned out for months now, and I have a pretty clear image of how everything will work now, excepting a few of the more complicated elements, and I wanted to get an idea of whether there is interest in this before I commit fully to development.

Title: The House on Oddity Hill

Genre: Adventure/Puzzle

Gameplay: The game would fall into the adventure genre, with no combat system, and a heavy emphasis on the exploration of the titular house, and solving puzzles. I do plan on having a simple inventory system, as seeking out key items will be a major focus. Also, a flashlight will be an important element at various stages of the game.

Plot Concept:
Somewhere in the Eastern United States, there sits a house like no other: Oldenbone Manor, atop Oddity Hill. Regarded by many to be an evil, haunted place, it is here that Aubrey Grace, a curious girl with a curious past, arrives one rainy evening, seeking answers about her long lost parents.
Within the darkened hallways and dusty chambers, she finds herself slowly uncovering the secrets of her family's past, but as the night wears on, it becomes apparent that Oldenbone Manor is a supernatural place... A gateway to forgotten worlds and ancient power.
Aubrey finds herself presented with numerous puzzles and daunting tasks, from rescuing the wayward spirit of a fortune teller trapped in her own crystal ball, to harnessing the energy of gremlins to fuel a mechanism so ancient it predates the creation of humanity itself. Through it all, one question remains chief above all others: Will Aubrey Grace be able to solve the mystery of her family's disappearance in time, or will she suffer the same fate?

Puzzles and tasks: I have many tasks and puzzles already planned out or at least conceptualized.
Some examples, without giving too much away include:

-Assigning the proper identity to a number of animated skeletons by finding and presenting personal items they owned in life.

- Aligning a circuit of elemental "grounding pylons" to activate a portal.

-Obtaining the quill of William Shakespeare from an actor's crypt by finding messages hidden in his epitaph.

-Using a grid system to create a sequence of sounds in order to unlock a gate.

- Solving three riddles for a sphinx by retrieving objects that match the descriptions given.

- Using the journal of an archaeologist to navigate a treacherous labyrinth and find an important relic.

- Also, rescuing a soul lost in purgatory, stealing fire from Hell, retrieving Excalibur from Avalon, and awakening the dying heart of a sleeping god.

Last edited:
I know you posted this awhile ago, but just wanted to say this sounds super cool! I love seeing RPGMaker games that don't have combat and all the other creative things you can do with that. Love the premise and the puzzles sound awesome. Any more updates on it?

LoreMaster

Villager
Xy$
I know you posted this awhile ago, but just wanted to say this sounds super cool! I love seeing RPGMaker games that don't have combat and all the other creative things you can do with that. Love the premise and the puzzles sound awesome. Any more updates on it?
Thanks for the comment! I've had some family and PC issues slow progress on the game, but have recently begun working on it again. Hoping to have a demo up in the future. I'm not as advanced in MV as some, but I'm hoping to pull this off!