Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The CCC needs a pixel artist!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Corporation XVI wants you!

As we delve further into the development of Perseverance Full Clearance. Our sole spriter has been having a battle keeping the ball rolling due to that real life stuff that tends to happen! To ease his pain, I, Bizarre Monkey, have elected to select a pixel artist of respectable talent into the Collective.​

What this will entail?
Spriting, and a lot of it. We're using 48x64 and 48x72 sprites, and animations of all sorts will be a part of the job. It's also possibly I'll ask you to assist with additions to tilesets.

What the CCC asks of you?
-Respect for your fellow members, those within Corporation XVI or not, do not forsake your honor.
-We ask that you have a pretty thick spine and tolerance. We tease each other a lot, if you can't cope with that, then I'm afraid you don't belong with us. We're good fun, and play games together quite a bit.
-Consistency, personally and conventionally, hours don't matter, just be there when you can.
-Quality work, but don't worry, I and some be judging that here.

What does the CCC offer?
-Proximity, to, well... me! And other amazing people like Amysaurus, Reisen and such.
-Respectable pay, it's four dollars per 48x64 cell, but this will fluctuate depending on size. A typical rpg maker walking sprite has 12 frames, so for one sprite, that's 48 dollars. Good, no?
-A fun flexible environment.
-A place with the future of game making.

Why should you want to be in the CCC?
Well, that's a good question. Surely, anything I could lead is off the rails, right?

RIGHT YOU ARE, BUT IN A GOOD WAY!
If you want to aid me in making games like this...

Or this...
Even better than they are currently! Then you may have a place among us.

So in this thread, make your applications-- if, and I doubt this is likely, we get a lot of eager biters, we may do trials for each. One thing which is highly valued in the company is devotion, Pjcr, Xiie and Jake are among it's elite members because they have made so much work and have taken literally over thousands of dollars out of my pockets between them. The more you are eager to do your tasks and get new ones, the more you will rise in the CCC.

So, what will you make in order to prove yourself? Well, good question, I must say! But thankfully, I have some sample characters. Your job will be to make a 48x64 rendition of any of the characters I display below.
1. Xepp Poitergeist: References, Documentation.
2. Esperia Frostwhisper: References, Documentation. (Can be increased to 48x72)
3. Svoli Mystralese: References, Documentation. (Can be increased to 48x72)
4. Saxxis Bufudyne: References, Documentation.

What frames you do and how many cells you make for your submission is up to you, the devotion rule is the only one to really remember.

FAQ
Q: What are the hours we're expected to work?
A: Only the hours before a deadline to get your work done, we're really flexible, we sort of have to be! Sooner the better is how I typically say it.

Q: Okay Corporation XVI and the CCC care to explain?
A: The Crazy Chimp Collective is the collective of both the Corporation and the eager fans who are cool enough to hang out with us. Corporation XVI is best referred to as 'they who do shit'.Corporation XVI makes the games, and those who fall from grace for a very long period of time are often delisted from the XVI until they prove themselves worthy to be a part of it again.

There can only be 16.

Q: So, by that logic, the one who wins here will mean someone loses out in the XVI.
A: Aye, that is the vicious cycle. Thankfully there's usually a pretty large decline in at least one of the 16, if choices get too difficult the XVI may be expanded.

Q: Why can there only be 16?
A: Discarding subplot canon, it's just an easy number to manage, and provides incentive for work to to not halt by those within the 16 unless they want a quick trip out.

Any displaced from the 16 will remain in the CCC, just means they don't have a paying job anymore.

Q: How quick are you with funds?
A: Usually pretty fast, though i can be a little forgetful at times, so if I haven't payed you for what is due, feel free to shake me.

Some weeks will be poorly managed, or stuff will come up, but you'll get your money one way or another.

Q: I have a question?
A: Ask away in the posts below and I'll add it here.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I hope so, too! One thing I keep finding is that Pixel artists are a rare breed, but PJ could really use the assistance.
Oh, to ease it a little, here's an example of his work.

[doublepost=1446816236,1446340019][/doublepost]Bump.

Pine

Villager
Xy$
I hope so, too! One thing I keep finding is that Pixel artists are a rare breed, but PJ could really use the assistance.
I don't think it's as difficult as you think. The problem is that pixel work can be quite tiresome, and with deadlines and such it begins to get quite heavy on you. You seem to also have the problem of using a custom template, which is great for a personalized game experience, and it's also paying very well if it's as you put it. The most I've ever charged for a single sheet is $15. But it also puts the artist in a position where this doesn't count towards exposition and portofolio, and because you're busy you also have less time to do stuff that does expose you and grows your portofolio.

legendreef1

Towns Guard
does he post tutorial on how to pixel, I don't think my pixl good it amatur, pixel take a long time everything so fast and busy .... I like to pixel off of rfrence z-z

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I can do some decent pixel art, especially if I have a good reference idea (like what I used to make my Crimson Avenger outfit based off of my Avatar there). I'd be willing to give it a shot if given the chance, and I'd be able to keep ahead of deadlines too unless they're like absurdly short (hours). Experienced in art and it helps in pixel art.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Ah, thanks Sinnistar! Apologies I didn't get to this sooner, it seems alerts are being a little weird for me.

We don't have absurd deadline expectations, however some things have changed lately concerning the XVI. As my financial situation has become very tight lately, I've had to say that from this point forward I can't pay near the amount I used to, small amounts, certainly, but I can't go giving out 48 dollars per sprite anymore, ha.

If you're still interested, PM me with some samples of your work. It's likely that you'll get the job since we've had no other applications so far.