Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TeamUnPro pointed me here

Marrik

Villager
Xy$

Got MV because it's on sale and I have a few ideas. However, first I need to start doing something small to cut my teeth on without quitting halfway through.

Marrik

Villager
Xy$
Well it's mostly 'I have a new to me computer coming tomorrow so I'm a bit in a stagnant phase on Making, so i'm ingesting 'what can I do with the default assets and with a little thought?'

The hard part isn't the building. That's simply tedious. It's making a compelling story with interesting locations with fun battles.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Makes sense to me! I'm a graphics person, so I tend to struggle the most with coming up with stories, or deciding how to implement my character designs.

I'm excited to see what sort of ideas you have/will come up with!

Marrik

Villager
Xy$
Mostly looking at a lot of little touches like having the screen dim and center text when object interacting with 'prop' items (closed door textures as example,) triggers that when walked over will trigger other events in the map for ambient effects, and the like that might be a little tedious but are fairly easy and add atmosphere.

So far the hardest part (assets to one side and disappointment at how few things were included in the charbuilder by default) is figuring out how to stat balance so combat will be fun, not too hard, not too easy, and encounters don't go all sideways.

Must be why dev rooms with 'one of everything' are constantly found in games.