Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Sharing / Team Cooperation now available!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
So, in the latest teaser video for RMMV they announced that there will be an option to have Team Sharing / Team Cooperation. So you will now be able to make games with other people with ease. This is something I've been wanting on RM since I found out about it.

How do you feel about this? Is this something you're going to use a lot? I know this opens up a lot of stuff for some contests/community events like *Community Makes* or something that allows the community here to make their own game together.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Wow gotta say I didn't expect that.

Guys, imagine... evented battles, each player has a character.

LET THE MADNESS ENSUE, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So okay "Team Coop" is a bit of a... vague definition.

Will we have to be at the same computer? Because um, that's already possible in any RPGmaker.

If not, servers? Peer to peer? jeez!

Multiplayer isn't a thing you can throw in blindly!

Or is it that you can now share your projects 'state' with others while building it, not in game?

I guess yeah you could easier set that up.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$

Will we have to be at the same computer? Because um, that's already possible in any RPGmaker.

Or is it that you can now share your projects 'state' with others while building it, not in game?

It means more than likely you can easily share your files with other people and have them work on it. Is what I took from the video. Team Sharing / Cooperation meaning you can add the maping, easily transfer it over to your buddy to do the events, etc.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
The data is provided in plain-text as opposed to serialized binary, so it should be easier to use version control software.
Not that it wasn't possible before anyways.

I haven't looked at the video so I don't know if they're referring to some sort of special "collaboration features" bundled with MV.

My only concern is whether you need to close project and re-open to reload the changes like before.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$

Oh yeah!

My only concern is whether you need to close project and re-open to reload the changes like before.
Guess I spoke too soon :(

ragneBro

Like a Boss
Xy$
I really like the idea of putting together a team of people from around the world.
The team name would be "Fluffy Flatscreen". Who wants to join me? 8D

Vinyl7th

Villager
Xy$
If this RM has .git version control then I will be completely satisfied with all of the new changes they have brought.

Side view battles? Check.
Higher resolution battlers? Check.
Massive plugin support? Check.
Bestiary and yanfly engine? Check.

Javascript support and .git?!
I cannot preorder this software hard enough.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
RM doesn't have git version control.
Rather, you can use git to to version control RM, just like how you can use other version control systems.

There isn't really anything stopping you from version controlling previous RM projects. People just didn't do it because "it's all binary!"

Vinyl7th

Villager
Xy$
RM doesn't have git version control.
Rather, you can use git to to version control RM, just like how you can use other version control systems.

There isn't really anything stopping you from version controlling previous RM projects. People just didn't do it because "it's all binary!"
Well sure, but having it save its data in text is a lot more convenient than having it store it in binary for use with .git

Unity doesn't have inherent .git control (At least not as far as I am ware of) but my school team was able to flag its saving type as text instead of binary and it works (for the most part) wonderfully.

Having RPGMaker store its data in text just makes the process a lot simpler.