Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stevushka

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hey Everyone, I'm still in the early stages of development for my game, 'The Adventures Of Todd: A School RPG', but recently I've been thinking of the future of the game, and what I would work on next, after I finish TAT:ASRPG.

Just the other day, I first thought of making DLCs for TAT:ASRPG, when I realized that there's a lot of gaps in my story (specifically, the story doesn't even touch Summer, I mean, what the he** are Todd and Alex doing for 2 months at a time in between school years? There's so much wasted opportunity during this time! It would be a shame not to take advantage of it!)), So my solution is 'The Adventures of Todd: The Summer Chronicles' (or, TAT:TSC for short, code-name "summer"), a compilation of short stories (or, chronicles), of The Dynamic Duo's adventures outside of school, jumping around between school years.
Also, where does Alex go when he's not with Todd? What does he do? All of these questions I plan to answer in the second DLC, "The Adventures of Alex".

And then I thought, why stop there? If my game does well, and gets a decent- even mediocre- following, "fans" might want to see more of Todd, seeing how he deals with adult life. So that's when I thought of making a sequel which would do just that. But then more questions filled my mind: How would I do it? What conflicts would Todd and friends face? How/when/where would it end? Who would be in it? After some thinking and brainstorming, I decided that I would make a Trilogy, following Todd's whole life. Where TAT:ASRPG begins in Todd's Early life, to the third which would end in Todd's Final moments. The only problem is, I can't just do that all willy nilly. So, after more thinking and planning, here's the rough draft of my plan:

• 'The Adventures of Todd: A School RPG' follows Todd, from Kindergarten to College, where the main conflict is Identity. Todd wants to figure out who he is, and what kind of person he'll become, using the school setting and social/personal conflicts to support this theme. This entry focuses on how the world affects Todd when he's young and vulnerable to new ideas, and perspectives on life.
  • 'The Adventures of Alex', A short spinoff adventure(s) that follows Alex when he's not with Todd, pursuing his own romantic interests and dealing with his own challenges. (Can't decide whether to extend this to follow Alex during the events of the sequel or not.)
  • 'TAT: The Summer Chronicles' (As explained in the second paragraph)
  • The 'Adventures of Todd 2: <Name Undecided>' will pick up Todd's story after graduating College, and will follow him through a series of events such as getting a job, dealing with the responsibility of being an adult, getting married, which all culminate in Todd becoming a father.
  • Finally, the series will end with 'The Adventures of Todd 3: Legacy' will follow none other than Todd's own son, Timmy. (The Name is subject to change) At this point, Todd has become a Legend of sorts in the community/town through his adventures though school, and the workplace alike. Everyone knows the name Todd Tomlin, and expectations have been set high for Timmy. This final entry will focus on the dynamic between Todd and his son, where Todd is tasked with passing on his wisdom/knowledge to the next generation, while Timmy struggles with whether to live up to his father's legacy, or create a name for himself. Over the course of the Trilogy, the main, overlaying focus shifts from how the world affects Todd, to how Todd affects the world and those around him.
The series will try to maintain a mix of Humor, Romance, Drama, Action, and General Ridiculousness throughout, ending in a touching final moment between Todd and Timmy, and the Circle of Life will come to an end.

SO, what do you guys think? Should I make more games following Todd's life after TAT:ASRPG? If so, what do you think of my rough plan for the future installments? What are your opinions on the DLC I have planned? Anything I should change? Add/Remove? How do you think this game/series would fare on steam?

Any feedback or answers to these questions would be very beneficial to me, very helpful to the development of my current game.

I look forward to reading what all of you have to say! Thanks, and stay awesome!

Last edited:
wow amazing stuff!

it is a same idea i have from along time ago when I was fond playing the tales of series and about making a game using the same title part( like the "Tales of" ) and change the rest of the story, I would see it until the end, or maybe I could support it​

the summer chronicles really catchy and filling the gap of ASRPG is a good goal

is it really possible for applying DLCs to our original game?

Last edited:

Stevushka

Towns Guard
Xy$
wow amazing stuff!

it is a same idea i have from along time ago when I was fond playing the tales of series and about making a game using the same title part( like the "Tales of" ) and change the rest of the story, I would see it until the end, or maybe I could support it​

the summer chronicles really catchy and filling the gap of ASRPG is a good goal

is it really possible for applying DLCs to our original game?

Thanks! I really appreciate that others think it's a good idea, I've been working on this and developing the plot for some time now, and just recently though of expanding it with sequels and 'DLC'. As for the DLCs, I was actually planning to just have stand-alone mini games for 'The Summer Chronicles' and 'The Adventures or Alex', not really true DLCs/Addons... If I figured out a way to integrate them into the base game itself, you can bet that I will!

I'm still in very early stages of development, heck, I hardly touched RPG Maker itself yet lol. But if you want to help support the game, spreading the world will definitely help when I come closer to publishing it. Which will probably be a year or more from now lol.