Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tales of the Lumminai - Assistance Wanted

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
We are currently only in need of a plugin developer atm. Anything else won't be accepted unless we feel your work is of great quality since we have all other roles filled. This excludes voice acting (since we don't know if we can do that on our own or not).

Me and my small team have been working on a project called "Tales of the Lumminai" (TOTL). In short, it's a game spanning over 2 parallel worlds with great spirits that protect each of them to keep things in order. A dark force from the opposite world as the player's has invaded their world and is trying to use the Lumminai spirits powers to open a rift to destroy both worlds at once. In order to try stopping them, the player must journey far and wide to bring together the 8 great Lumminai and the Heralds that reside over them, and use the combined powers to bring down the enemy and prevent the terrible future that awaits them.

So in order to make this game as great as we possibly can, we're seeking some assistance in fields we cannot cover very well ourselves. If anyone can fill the following roles and would like to assist in this project, feel free to reply or contact me via pms. The project is intended to be used as a commercial one via steam greenlight, so with that said, anyone assisting in the project is entitled to their share of any generated revenue when it's greenlit.

Meet the Team:

What the team can do so far:
General/Advanced Storyline
Detailed Character development
Database
Basic/advanced Maps
Enemies
Basic Skills/Animations
Pixel Artist/Spriting
Scripter
Eventing
Musician
Potential voice acting (3 people)

What we need and can use:
Plugin Developer 0/1:
Needed to create unique plugins for use in the project. (We have several ideas but overall it's up to you what you think we could benefit most from in the game)
General Plugin Developing stuff....(I have no idea what you guys do other than that LOL)
Voice Actors 3/?:
We need a bunch who can create a personality for all the existing characters.
One person could do multiples too if they can pull that off.
Anything involving voices in the game.

Last edited:

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Uh @Sinnistar, Not that I am against this, but... aren't you asking for a bit too much?
Not really, we really do need assistance in pretty much all fields. I don't ask them to "do it all" nor "the majority" of those fields, just to help with them. I am doing my best, but it's slow going because it's only me filling up several roles on this end. It also lacks the quality that I know others could bring into it by simply editing my stuff to make it better (which is actually a very simple task). And it's not like they'd be doing it for nothing either, as both credit and revenue share is promised to all who assist in the project once it's greenlit. Prolly won't be much, but quality work isn't for nothing in the end.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I know that but, 4 Eventers?
I fill the role of 2 of those, and it's so there's 2 for each path of Cross. Basically one main quest eventer (main eventer) and one side eventer for the minor stuff for each path. It can easily be done with two, but maybe those two would prefer the added help idk. It does make things easier. But eventing is a pretty easy process as it is.
[doublepost=1454002028,1454001941][/doublepost]
I fill the role of 2 of those, and it's so there's 2 for each path of Cross. Basically one main quest eventer (main eventer) and one side eventer for the minor stuff for each path. It can easily be done with two, but maybe those two would prefer the added help idk. It does make things easier. But eventing is a pretty easy process as it is.
The numbers are there just for the sake of "Limiting" how many of each role we can have. Not like saying "we NEED" this many. But if say 4 writers wanna help out, when we only need 2, I'd have to turn down the others offers. Something like that. But yeah all the roles can easily be filled with far less than the number suggests.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like you may desire team members that can see the larger vision of this project, and not limited vision. When there is a large vision, a multitude of team members is a necessity. One of my projects had over ten writers. When the project gets closer to release, you may also desire a marketing team. What is the application process?

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
It looks like you may desire team members that can see the larger vision of this project, and not limited vision. When there is a large vision, a multitude of team members is a necessity. One of my projects had over ten writers. When the project gets closer to release, you may also desire a marketing team. What is the application process?
Yeah I do desire a team that can help create the larger vision. I have the core idea down beginning to end, but how to get it all in there is out of my league alone so that's the primary reason for this. I've no idea what a marketing team is lol, but yeah prolly also need that when it's closer to finished state.

Hm, haven't really thought out an application process....I've never made one before so not really sure what I would put in that. But perhaps something like below:

Name (for crediting purposes):
Role(s) you can do well:
Specific areas within role that you are comfortable with (if applicable):
Time Limitations (When can you help out?):
Examples of work:

I don't really know what else could be in an application process to be honest....lol I think that covers most of it but idk.

Ironwulf

Villager
Xy$
I just sent you a PM but am interested in discussing further if you are still in need. :) I do have professional game and software development in my background as well as being a professional musician (recording and performance)
I'm new to the RPM environment in general but am learning at a tremendous rate... just very intrigued by the product and the possibilities.

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
It's a good thing that you are seeking to fill a variety of roles. I don't think it is too much to ask for either. If you can make an outstanding demo build that introduces the things you can do, and then provide a list of things you want done, that can be posted on newgrounds or reddit and you may find some extra help on those websites. :)

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
It's a good thing that you are seeking to fill a variety of roles. I don't think it is too much to ask for either. If you can make an outstanding demo build that introduces the things you can do, and then provide a list of things you want done, that can be posted on newgrounds or reddit and you may find some extra help on those websites. :)
very true. We have a good variety to our dev team now, and most roles are filled! The only real thing we lack is a plugin developer lol. But we can make do for now, and we'll be improving the game as we go with trailers and other fun stuff too!

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
@Sinnistar this may sound really stupid or dumb, but um...how do I apply?
Name (for crediting purposes):
Role(s) you can do well:
Specific areas within role that you are comfortable with (if applicable):
Time Limitations (When can you help out?):
Examples of work:

Use this format in a private message to me and that will be your application lol.

Ellifer

Villager
Xy$
I know this is a bit older, but if you ever need a voice actor I can help. I can do several voices. If you want a sample of some voices I can make a video or something.

-[Ellifer]

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I know this is a bit older, but if you ever need a voice actor I can help. I can do several voices. If you want a sample of some voices I can make a video or something.

-[Ellifer]
I'd actually be interested in hearing some of those voices xP We will definitely be doing voice acting. And I plan on having a preview trailer for each of the main characters to throw on my Youtube channel for hype building too. So yeah, if you'd like to send me some examples of those I'd love to hear em xP

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Currently the track linked below is looking for a home in the RPG Maker-verse! I'm actually looking for a good project to get into as a composer in order to build my music production experience. Please let me know if you'd like to free up one of your existing hands, this project looks awesome!

https://soundcloud.com/arkngelly/foreign-sunrise-overworld-theme
Oh I actually really like that lol. I know exactly where that could fit into the project to as well heh. There's a pretty fierce *rising storm* event that would require something like that to fit the mood. If you can compose music like that, I want you on our side LOL because currently it's me trying to compose it and you can listen to my rookie work at soundcloud.com/sinnistar. I am extremely new to it, but I do like how I have created the primary theme for the Lumminai. If interested, maybe you can improve my theme for that (as an experienced musician *again just guessing by the quality of that track you linked*). I think you can make some pretty good things with this project too xP

Last edited:

Gabriel Moss

Villager
Xy$
Oh I actually really like that lol. I know exactly where that could fit into the project to as well heh. There's a pretty fierce *rising storm* event that would require something like that to fit the mood. If you can compose music like that, I want you on our side LOL because currently it's me trying to compose it and you can listen to my rookie work at soundcloud.com/sinnistar. I am extremely new to it, but I do like how I have created the primary theme for the Lumminai. If interested, maybe you can improve my theme for that (as an experienced musician *again just guessing by the quality of that track you linked*). I think you can make some pretty good things with this project too xP
I'd love to take on the role of composer for this game. It'll be a slow burn process though because I am currently in school/working full time! But I am very serious about the quality of my work. :-)

Ellifer

Villager
Xy$
I'd actually be interested in hearing some of those voices xP We will definitely be doing voice acting. And I plan on having a preview trailer for each of the main characters to throw on my Youtube channel for hype building too. So yeah, if you'd like to send me some examples of those I'd love to hear em xP
Waow, Sorry for such a late late reply. I could not, for the life of me find this site again! I also was busy when I did have the site open. if you would still like to hear some of the voices I can do, here's a very crappy reel I've made: