Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tale of a Young Boy - Nerriëda Dynasty

samorious

Towns Guard
Introduction:
The idea for the game started around 5 months ago. When I first discovered RPG Maker, after five months of learning I am stoked to show you my progress so far.

All graphic art and gameplay is done by me: Samuel groot Wassink
All the music is created by a good friend called: Levi Ram

As to not spoil the story I will keep the description short:
Story:
Its a tale about a boy, who grew up on an isolated island. Not aware what is happening in the world around him and the secrets his parents hide from him.
Until one day... A horrible event occured changing his perspective of his life and the world

Gameplay & Graphics:

As for the gameplay and graphics I decided to change the perspective from 3/4 to top down. Not only because it gave me more freedom in creating the game art. Also to try something new.
As for the whole project we want to try to create it with the resources we have, whilst not having to use too many plugins. To be able to focus on the story and design

In the video down below you will see the first footage ever recorded from this game, in its early pre alpha stage. Mainly focussing on the design and graphics. (The low video quality is related to my old laptop I am working from)

The pictures below contain concept art for the game.

Protagonist:

Protagonist-07.jpg

Protaginsts childhood home:

Game Scene 2.jpg

Protagonists childhood village:

Title Screen.jpg

Home Map:

Map002.png

Home Area Map:

!$Home Area Map.png

I hope you all enjoy it,
Greetings,
samorious

Last edited:

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Thanks for posting the video for your game, I'm super excited for it even more now!
Definitely on my watch list, looks like you spent a lot of time on it.

samorious

Towns Guard
I really like the top down view its different from the norm. I look forward to seeing the game get completed. cheers.
Cool!
[doublepost=1456557311,1456557148][/doublepost]
Thanks for posting the video for your game, I'm super excited for it even more now!
Definitely on my watch list, looks like you spent a lot of time on it.[/QUOTE
Definitely on my watch list, looks like you spent a lot of time on it.
Really great to hear that! For the past 5 months i have been working on it and trying out new elements. This is whats left after 5 months
[doublepost=1457376816][/doublepost]Just a little update on the game:
Chapter 1:
Main quests: 50%
Tutorial: 40 %
Side quests: 0%
Npc's: 10%
Cutscenes: 20%
Music: 60%

Progress is beeing made. In about a couple of weeks the first teaser trailer should be online reviewing storyline and gameplay!

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I'm looking forward to seeing the new teaser! The game looks pretty awesome so far(love) It's something completely new and shows the many oppurtunities one has with rm. Super excited for more~

samorious

Towns Guard
I'm looking forward to seeing the new teaser! The game looks pretty awesome so far(love) It's something completely new and shows the many oppurtunities one has with rm. Super excited for more~
Aawh how great to hear that :-) Some time in the near future I will select some people willing to beta test. Also, except for the graphics I still have a lot to learn in rm like eventing and such XD But anyways, time to work some more :D