Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop screen fading out when starting new game

Jaco

Villager
Xy$
Maybe a strange request, but I need to disable / remove the screen fading out when starting a new game. The starting map should display instantly.

I have looked around in the JS files, but with my limited knowledge of JS I might just break something. Have anyone done this before?

Any help / advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Jaco

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Sounds like you wish to skip the whole title screen and credits logo at the beginning.

A plugin can be found here by Silver which skips all of that.

If you are wanting to just remove the "Made with MV" logo, go into the plugins manager and turn that plugin off.

Jaco

Villager
Xy$
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. No I dont want to skip anything. I've already created my own custom Title screen by using a plugin. All I need to change is when you select "New Game" from the menu title screen, the screen fade out and fade back in with your starting map. I dont want the fading effect, I need to remove the fade out and back in again.

Start when selecting "New Game" from the tilte menu, it should just display the starting map without fading out the screen. Hope this makes sense as to what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks

Jaco
[doublepost=1498122888,1498116414][/doublepost]No worries, I've managed to find the code and comment it out so no fading when starting a new game.
If anyone interested:

File Name: rpg_scrnes.js
Line #: 318

Just comment out the line: this.fadeOutAll();

Scene_Title.prototype.commandNewGame = function() {
DataManager.setupNewGame();
this._commandWindow.close();
//this.fadeOutAll();
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);