Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprites and Horror resources

Kreateer

Villager
Xy$
Hello!

I am currently working on a horror game, getting all sorts of resources for this idea I have. ^^

I kindly ask anyone willing to help me to point me to some good, free tilesets and objects I can use for a horror game set in a somewhat spacious mansion (hah, kinda reminds of Mad Father now that I think about it xD), because it seems I have reached a dead end and am unable to find anything good for a while now.

My next, bold request are sprites. Specifically character sprites and faces.

I plan to implement various animations to the character(s) to make the game look and feel more realistic (well, as much as an JRPG like this can be) and immersive for the player(s), but to do so I need some actual characters.
If anyone would be so kind to volunteer (as I am currently unable to pay for commisions *sob*) and take up the creation of at least a few characters, here is some info. for the major characters:

The main character is supposed to be a sick, feeble young boy from a wealthy family. He spends most of his days in bed, resting and hoping for the day he can go and run around the mansion. Because of that, he has a somewhat sad expression most of the time. He either wears a nightgown or small pajamas to bed and has a pair of brown slippers. His hair is short and dark brown in color.

The boy's mother wears a beautiful dress, has blue eyes and long brown hair. She is kind, gentle and loves her children equally.

The boy's father has black and slightly greyed hair, glasses, brown eyes, a beard (style is up to you) and wears fancy clothes (no suits). He is a bussiness man, strict, but very caring.

The boy's sister is of same age as the boy, she has long hair appropriate for her age, her hair is black, she has brown eyes and wears cute dresses. She is a bit spoiled since her parents spend time with her a lot and buy her a lot of things to take their minds off their sick son.

The family maid, of course, wears a maid uniform, has black hair tied up as a horse tail and has brown eyes. She is also stuck up and wishes she was working somewhere else, if at all.

All the characters except the main character need to have one or two creepy expressions, like they are trying to kill or scare the living daylights of the MC.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go! Those are the main characters, I dare say, desperately need for my game.
Now, I believe few (or none :/) would partake in such a time-consuming job for free, but if you decide to go ahead with it anyway, the best I can do is give you a special spot in the credits and a free copy when it is all done. :)
I will post updates on my progress on the forums as I reach certain stages in development.

NOTE: I was unsure where to post this thread, as I am also looking for resources, so I just decided to post here.

Thank you,

Kreateer

AmazingAvery

Towns Guard
Xy$
For the resources:
I highly suggest you to go through the whole MV resource section on Makerweb. Be careful, as linklists do not work at the moment (they are fixing it).
There are mansion tiles by PandaMaru, there are many animated objects by me (Avery), but there is so many more and only you know what is fitting for you! (In my thread I have remember to check the posts after December 24th as well, as the folder in my start post is not up to date).

For the chars: there are many chars out there and you can easily get away with a compromise. There is a maid e.g. here http://tkool.kagati.com/en/archives/1803 .
There are children in the base resources. There are tons of generator parts on makerweb, as well different well made premade sprites.
Do your research and be willing to compromise and in the end you can make a request that is much much smaller and for that there is the chance that someone might help you.
Learn simple recolor and basic frankenspriting and you can even (with a lot time invensted, but that's also the time you asked others to spend) fullfill most of your own request.
Remember to have a look at the credits and terms for every resource you are planning to use.

Last edited:

Kreateer

Villager
Xy$
For the resources:
I highly suggest you to go through the whole MV resource section on Makerweb. Be careful, as linklists do not work at the moment (they are fixing it).
There are mansion tiles by PandaMaru, there are many animated objects by me (Avery), but there is so many more and only you know what is fitting for you! (In my thread I have remember to check the posts after December 24th as well, as the folder in my start post is not up to date).

For the chars: there are many chars out there and you can easily get away with a compromise. There is a maid e.g. here http://tkool.kagati.com/en/archives/1803 .
There are children in the base resources. There are tons of generator parts on makerweb, as well different well made premade sprites.
Do your research and be willing to compromise and in the end you can make a request that is much much smaller and for that there is the chance that someone might help you.
Learn simple recolor and basic frankenspriting and you can even (with a lot time invensted, but that's also the time you asked others to spend) fullfill most of your own request.
Remember to have a look at the credits and terms for every resource you are planning to use.
Thank you for your advice!
I've looked all around rpgmakerweb and the link you sent me and I've found many things I'm looking for and that I might need for my project.
I also checked out and downloaded your resource pack which I really liked! Of course, I'm going to credit you for your amazing work and am gonna make sure you get a free copy of the game once it's done. :D
Come to think of it, if you're willing to, I might ask you to playtest the game once I think there's enough content, too :D