Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound effects so far

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
So, I'm trying to make a really nice sound effect pack. What do you guys think so far? :D

I'm aware of a few lacking sound effects, it's currently incomplete, such as the "sword swoosh" sound.

Plans: Doors, chests, equipment, sounds for animations
currently have: some sounds for animations, system sounds, battle sounds, death sound, boss death sounds, and monster cries (2 of them so far, same creature)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
These sound really good, some of them are subtle but I love all the UI sounds, I would totally use them all for the numerous projects I take on they are right down my ally. Keep up the good work and I'm excited to here more sounds you create.

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
These sound really good, some of them are subtle but I love all the UI sounds, I would totally use them all for the numerous projects I take on they are right down my ally. Keep up the good work and I'm excited to here more sounds you create.
thanks =D! I'm going to continue making more after I eat and watch some Supernatural haha

zath

Villager
Xy$
These are great! They strike me as suited toward a game that has at least a little touch of sci-fi or technology. But even just implied old civilizations that were technically advanced would be enough. They remind me a bit of Tales of Destiny (which I played a tiny bit years ago), which has a "mostly fantasy" feel. Phantasy Star 2 or 4 are probably the upper end of the sci-fantasy feel I get.

I think there's only a couple of sounds that could benefit from a little adjusting... the "backing out of a menu", which is a good sound, but it seems a little more "present" than I would normally expect. Maybe if it was a tad shorter? Or a little quieter than the other menu sounds. I think if you even removed a little of the low end, it'd seem more like a "going back".
The other one is the fire spell, which could use a little more oomph. Maybe some crackling or some distortion? It's a good sound, but the visual has more violence than the audio. The big lightning spell is pretty great. Maybe a *little* bit more distortion for the first part, but when the columns of lightning come down, they are just right. Boom!
Love that boss death sound as it slowly falls down the screen.

Great sounds, I look forward to hearing more. :)

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
They're currently being reviewed for the DLC thing, otherwise I'd have released them already O: Sorry guys I hope they say yes or no soon lol