Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry. (Mini-vent(?)) (Garando/Youtube/Shop)

Aisling Starr

Princess Of Garando
I'm sure no one remembers me, so I'll just give a small introduction.

Hello! My name is Aisling. Aisling Starr. I'm a game creator that uses RPGMMV, and is still learning how to use RPGMMV. I'm 18 (I know, age is wrong on profile ><), and I'm, what most would call, a "female", although I identify as otherwise and accept all pronouns. I'm...Well, I was working on Garandō, but was busy with rl stuff and worrying and stressing. I wanted to say I'm Sorry to those of you who I "Ghosted" on while trying to get my stuff together, and I really do hope you can forgive me. I'm sure you don't want to hear me feel me feel bad for myself, so I'll cut to the point:

Garandō.

That's what I'm here to vent about, along with a few other things, but let's take it one step at a time.

First off, Garando was suppose to be about my life. Garandō (according to word hippo, means Emptiness, Hollowness, and/or Void.

For most of my life, I've gone through Atypical Depression and PDD (along with ADHD, Anxiety, and Dyslexia), and neither of them are fun. Yes, I am taking medication for them, thank you for the concern (^u^). I've been in abusive relationships with people within and outside my family, parents or not, something I'm sure I'm not allowed to vent about here. I wanted to tell my story through Garandō.

I do, however, have a few concerns.

Before you read on, I want you to do me a favor:

*Before you comment, keep it realistic. I don't want you to pity me, I want your honest opinion. That doesn't mean to be harsh to me, just because I gave you the okay to just be blunt with me if you have anything at all to say. Yes, I may have AD, but I rather you be openly honest than sugar coating a lie.

*Even though I just said to be honest, keep in mind I DO have PDD and AD, and it's extremely hard for ME mentally. I'm not saying to sugarcoat it, but I am saying to be considerate, if that makes any sense.

Now, one of my biggest concerns for Garandō is:
I don't have help.
I know what you're going to say. "You can ask for help on the forums, just be specific, yadda yadda".

That's another one of my concerns, although it's not too big of a big deal, since every game creator has to make this risk anyway. I don't want my ideas to be taken from me if I take a break, decide to put it on pause, etc. I know, I was told that the chances of that happening are low, but still.

Another one of my biggest concerns: I want "the best" help for Garandō , but can't afford it. I know, "set up a patreon" and such. I already have, it isn't working. You can see tell by my signature.

Another major concern: I'm still somewhat new to RPGMMV. I'm trying my hardest, but I don't think I can do every single thing, especially on my own. I can't draw on my own, I can't do the JS (JavaScript) format on my own (when it comes to triggers/plugins/etc). I don't know how. Having ADHD and being dyslexic doesn't help either. lol

Another major concern: I don't want it to be boring, but I don't know how to make it...better? If that makes any sense. I love the idea of my game, and I know exactly what I want to be in it, but I don't want my game to be brushed off just because it's "not enough action and more of just a story".

Another major problem: I don't want to do all this work, and the finishing product, in my opinion, wasn't at all enough, or close to what I wanted it to be.

Another concern, but not major: I don't want to be put in a situation where I am without someone on my team because they decided to just quit and I either have to start over or find someone with similar talent.

I became unmotivated because it didn't look like I'd be able to do what I wanted to accomplish properly. It would look like a mess, unfinished, and missing components, even for the demo.

I. Need. Help. Simply put.

If you'd like to know what I'm looking for, please go here.

Besides that, I have another reason why I just stopped working on my game. Two, actually...

I was starting a shop, and it didn't work. I tried raising the funds for the shop for carepackages and a fashion line. (Some of you know, I am a little, I am into DDLG.)

I was still trying to start my Youtube Channel, and it's also turning out badly. >~< I'm not good at editing videos and I'm still learning myself, especially while struggling without a video editing program. Also, being, y'know, "female". Hard to get noticed unless you're Zoie Burgher or whatever her name is. Gotta be pretty and stuff. Yeah.

I live in Vegas as well, so it's hard getting a job, so I've been attempting to use Fiverr as a way to get money, but Fiverr keeps rejecting my frigging shop names and description. -_______- I also found a website where people sign up for voice acting for free, so yay, cutting the costs.

Anywho! Thanks very much for listening to me vent and all. :3 If this needs to be moved, either let me know or please move it to the proper place, because I'm not sure if me mostly venting about the game belonged in general or not.​

Stevushka

Towns Guard
Xy$
  1. Just curious, what is the name of the site where people sign up to voice act for free? I'm trying to recruit people to voice act for my game, but I've had little success.
  2. I too have ADHD and completely understand the frustration it may cause.
  3. If you need help with programming, I might be able to help :)

Aisling Starr

Princess Of Garando
  1. Just curious, what is the name of the site where people sign up to voice act for free? I'm trying to recruit people to voice act for my game, but I've had little success.
  2. I too have ADHD and completely understand the frustration it may cause.
  3. If you need help with programming, I might be able to help :)
behindthevoiceactors.com Most people work on there for free. :3 I know I did too. lol