Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sneaking?

Robert Lee

Villager
Xy$
Hi All.
I want to have a patrolled area where the puzzle is to sneak through while the patrols are moving away from you, hence they are not looking at you.
Ideally I would like to do this using just events.
Has anyone tried this before with MV?
Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
The possible solution I arrived at uses regions and parallel events but it seems way to complicated. I am hoping that there might be a simpler solution!

Thanks
Bob

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
Hi, I am planning such a puzzle too, but haven´t tried it yet.
I even haven´t look at possibilities (all I know is there is may be usable command in conditional branch, or plugin "player chasing event")
Sorry, I did not help much huh...

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Uhh thatd take a lot of time to even since there are a lot of special things (fe they're not supposed to see you through walls). And areas aren't working since the guards are walking :/

Robert Lee

Villager
Xy$
Hi
Thanks for the replies, like I said I have worked out a method which uses sentries as parallel events and map regions, basically if a sentry is heading left it checks for the characters presence in one region of the map, turned around and heading to the right checks for the characters presence within a different region.
My worry comes about because I can see this causing things to slow down if I have a few sentries all making checks all of the time.
I guess a bit of experimentation is in order.
Bob